$2M mansion proposed for JSU presidential house

ROYAL BLUE

Dwelling would be most expensive for any Miss. university leader

By Andy Kanengiser
y.kanengiser@clarionledger.com

A proposed $2 million on-campus home for the Jackson State University president will be part residence, part showplace and part meeting space.

And at that price, the home will be the most expensive dwelling for any of Mississippi's university leaders.

Some say the price is steep and in sharp contrast to the low-income housing in much of the inner-city area near the Metro Parkway. But many still welcome its construction.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070304/NEWS/703040377/1001/NEWS

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Recruiting tool my azz. *****zz will eventuall show their true colors. :smh:

I wonder if Mason is even going to stay longer than his 10 year contract. If not, he may never sleep a night in that house. If that is the case, this house is not really for him. Every President has maintained that the current house is not suitable for meeting university guests and hosting private fundraisers. Whether $2M is too much.... My thing is always shoot for the stars, maybe in the end, he will get a $1M house. :D

this isn't a good move.

people at work have already started complaining about the cost & how the rest of JSU needs attention over this.

this isn't a good move.

people at work have already started complaining about the cost & how the rest of JSU needs attention over this.

I don't think most understand the role of a President's house. Alcorn just spent a $1M on one a few years ago and building costs were cheaper then.

I don't think most understand the role of a President's house. Alcorn just spent a $1M on one a few years ago and building costs were cheaper then.

Please explain to me the role of the house, because I went to Alcorn and very seldomly saw that house play any role, really didn't see it being used at all to be honest with you, granted Dr. Bristow did stay there Sometime.

Ya'll will find the negative in anything.:no:

Ya'll knew about these plans years ago while all the complaining about how bad the President's house was in..............Foundation, Leak's, etc.
These plans were given the go-ahead at the same time the School of Engineering was approved.
It was just postponed until now after other project's were finished or up and going.

Can't ya'll be happy with what's going on for once. :no:

Everything that go on will not pass by YOUR EYE's.
Ya'll have no idea what CEO or WHOEVER is in Mississippi doing business or donationg at any given time.
This is business as well as a place to show that our President and his family has a SHOWPLACE to SHOWOFF what has been dubbed Mississippi's TRUE URBAN University for decades to come. :nod:

Been screaming bout a stadium and people find fault in that now. :shame:
Been screaming about Campus Improvements and everytime something is announced the negativity comes in from all corners. :shame:

Maybe we should have left our Universities like they were ...................RUN DOWN.:p

Please explain to me the role of the house, because I went to Alcorn and very seldomly saw that house play any role, really didn't see it being used at all to be honest with you, granted Dr. Bristow did stay there Sometime.

Ask every other college president what their house is for. These houses are a big deal!! It's for the big ballers to shoot schitt with the President. Why should the President have to reserve a room on campus or at a hotel?

Ask every other college president what their house is for. These houses are a big deal!! It's for the big ballers to shoot schitt with the President. Why should the President have to reserve a room on campus or at a hotel?

THANK YOU!!

Or in Jackson State's case.......................THE TEL-COM CENTER. :shame:

We actually had to purchase the President an off campus house because the on campus one is in THAT BAD OF SHAPE.

It will go through. Alcorn house was funded through some private donations just like JSU's will be. I know after every football game there are small functions with Alumni and guest at the President's house. The President's house serves as a major centerpiece in entertaining visitor's (the BIG ones). Friends of mine attended one as part of the Student Government group. $2 mil is not a lot for the home but they are going to look at it that J-State is more expensive than MSstate or Ole Miss. That's really going to be the big deal. Good luck J-State on your endeavors.

It will go through. Alcorn house was funded through some private donations just like JSU's will be. I know after every football game there are small functions with Alumni and guest at the President's house. The President's house serves as a major centerpiece in entertaining visitor's (the BIG ones). Friends of mine attended one as part of the Student Government group. $2 mil is not a lot for the home but they are going to look at it that J-State is more expensive than MSstate or Ole Miss. That's really going to be the big deal. Good luck J-State on your endeavors.

JSU's really will not be more expensive.

Ole Miss President's house was built back in the 50's and sit's on 60 ACRE's of manicured land.
That thing is 4000 sqft larger than the one JSU is proposing to build.

Mississippi state is the same.
Don't get new twisted with VALUE.

Those places at Miss. State and Ole Miss would be worth a fortune on the OPEN MARKET.
Those homes are valued that low only because they are STATE PROPERTY.

Back