29 Things About Being Lower Class That "Rich People" Learned After Marrying Someone Significantly Poorer Than Them

Olde Hornet

Here are some of the most eye-opening responses:

1."What surprised me was making financial decisions based around the 'three-paycheck month.' If you're paid every two weeks, most months you get two paychecks, and all of your monthly bills and budgeting is based on those two paychecks. But twice a year, there are three paydays in a month, and that's when you can actually solve problems. That's when you can get the car registered, fix the dryer, or get the cat spayed.

"The other 10 months, you're doing maintenance and trying to scrape by. Three paycheck months, you can actually try to fix problems."

2."Honestly, food insecurity surprised me. When we were first married, my wife would get visibly uneasy if the food in the house was running low. She never overate or anything — she was just always concerned about it. A lot of times, when she was younger, she went hungry.

"On the humorous side, though, she hates camping. Her answer is always the same: I camped because it was fun, and she camped because they couldn't afford hotels."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I was surprised that many of my co-workers did not understand food poverty or a lot of poor people don't have health insurance, number 2 and 8.

Back