24 - Reviews

SU's Finest '93 said:
Do y'all think Chapelle's really dead?
So, I take it you missed that BIG BULLET HOLE in his dome? :swink:

You just touched on what's making me nervous: where'd these writers come up with something so realistically frightening??? I mean, I hope there are more countermeasures in place to protect this country from some of the terrorist moves we see happening. But Sept 11 is a reality. I don't know enough about biological weapons to know whether a virus that is as easily contagious and deadly as what they're touting is real. I wonder if shows like this don't give the wrong people ideas! :scared:

Got my eyes glued to the set tho ;)

kevdawg said:
So, I take it you missed that BIG BULLET HOLE in his dome? :swink:

You just touched on what's making me nervous: where'd these writers come up with something so realistically frightening??? I mean, I hope there are more countermeasures in place to protect this country from some of the terrorist moves we see happening. But Sept 11 is a reality. I don't know enough about biological weapons to know whether a virus that is as easily contagious and deadly as what they're touting is real. I wonder if shows like this don't give the wrong people ideas! :scared:

Got my eyes glued to the set tho ;)

I was thinking maybe the whole Chapelle scene was staged or something...you never know with this show.

Exactly what I'm saying about the writers having terrorists minds. They are giving the real terrorists too many ideas. That's the only thing I don't like about this show.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
One thing is (relatively for T.V.) certain; Palmer is gone. Obstruction of Justice with the Sherry coverup and then ordering the death of an innocent citizen (even if it was "in the line of duty'). Like he told his cabinet, his actions weren't to protect his (political) future, they were to protect the future of the nation. He knows he has to resign after this is over.

I wonder if they are going to try to keep him around in some capacity next year.

Regards.

^I can understand him catching a bunch of heat for the Sherry coverup (if it gets out). But I hope he doesn't get kicked out over Chapelle. I mean honestly, that was a no-win situation for him. Kill one man in the line of duty, or allow a terrorist to kill thousands or more innocents who never saw it coming? People in politics will always spin something to their own advantage, but I don't think Palmer would be blamed once all the info comes out. He'll definitely hold himself responsible and agonize over it, just as Jack will agonize over actually doing the deed. But both knew it was in the best interest of the country they've sworn to serve & protect, and others should understand that too.

I sure hope they don't get rid of Palmer :(

I wonder in reality how much the US compromises with terrorists to keep more dangerous outcomes from happening in America? Maybe we're threatened a lot more than we realize, and the government does these things in secret to keep the peace. It seems with media as strong as it is that not much of government action is missed, but I guess you really never know unless you're actually involved in the activity. And then I'd bet you're not talking about it. Again, this show seems so real, it's scary.

kevdawg said:
I'm with you too, Fiyah; looks like Michelle might be spared. But we should know by the end of tonight's ep. Her results should be back.

I just finished watchig last weeks show (VCR tape) and know a few more things from reading TV guide interviews w/ some of the cast. They give out certain hints but don't tell you up front.

Her results are in and......well you'll have to watch tonight.
The next few hours are crucial and love will make people do desperate(stupid) things that can't be taken back. Someone, maybe two get kidnapped to offset CTU having Jane and Saunders is trying to get her out of CTU's hands.

Oh did I mention that Sherry comes back to get sweet with the President in a hour or 2.

And FOX has signed up for another season of 24, it was rumored that this might have been the last season. No cliffhangers for the show this year either.

These doggone writers/producers/directors really know how to drag a thing out. Yeah, I saw where they were still gonna make us wait for Michelle's results. Humpf :mad: Well, that just means I gotta keep tuning in, not a problem for me! ;)

Yeah, I'm really wondering how long will they be able to hold on to Saunders' daughter. And when do we get some resolution to the Palmer situation?? Oh man, this is gonna be a good end of season!

I figured there'd be a S4 of 24. I just wonder how long will they keep going? I mean, sure they'll keep going as long as viewers keep watching. But man, Jack's gonna be fried after all these 24-hour adventures! I'm surprised he ain't had a heart attack & died yet. Oh wait, that was Season 2 :lol:

kevdawg said:
I figured there'd be a S4 of 24. I just wonder how long will they keep going? I mean, sure they'll keep going as long as viewers keep watching. But man, Jack's gonna be fried after all these 24-hour adventures! I'm surprised he ain't had a heart attack & died yet. Oh wait, that was Season 2 :lol:

You have to remember that the 3 seasons that they have been on the air has all been in the last 5 years. Season 1 was when Palmer was running for the party nomination to be the president. Season 2 was his first year as president and now season 3 is his 4th year as president and he's running for re-election. Season 4 could be anything, 2,3 or many years later. It could be the season where they pass the torch from Jack to Chase. I can see Jack being the division chief since Chappelle is dead and Tony is be out of the picture (opps). They could even more from CTU-Los Angelos to CTU-DC, who knows?

Let me watch my tape of the lastest hour and see what happened.

Great show............again. :D

I thought that guy on the motorcycle was about to kidnap one of those girls. Remember when the train caught them?

Now, Saunders has gotten away....schitt. :redhot:

Fiyah said:
You have to remember that the 3 seasons that they have been on the air has all been in the last 5 years. Season 1 was when Palmer was running for the party nomination to be the president. Season 2 was his first year as president and now season 3 is his 4th year as president and he's running for re-election. Season 4 could be anything, 2,3 or many years later. It could be the season where they pass the torch from Jack to Chase. I can see Jack being the division chief since Chappelle is dead and Tony is be out of the picture (opps). They could even more from CTU-Los Angelos to CTU-DC, who knows?
True, and those are some interesting scenarios you put forth. They have been killing off key CTU folks per season. Next year might be Tony's turn (or Michelle's). That'd be a shame.

Still, even over the course of 5 years, that job has to take its toll on Jack. In S2, he was distraut over his wife's death & estrangement from his daughter. This season, he is fighting a drug addiction. And it's all part of the job! Whew!!

Man, last night's ep. Why is the car with Kim & the girl by itself anyway??? :shame: There should have at least been one car full of armed agents in front AND one behind. And if Jack claims to know Saunders so well, wouldn't he know that Saunders would try to find another way out of there? He should've told his to do an all-out attack on the building IMMEDIATELY! Well, I know it's for dramatic sake; there are a few hours left to go. But what's with all the stupid mishaps?!?!? Is Kim rubbing off on CTU?? (just kidding, she's actually been pretty good this year)

Well, I'm still into the show. I see from the previews that Sherry has still been able to get by without a proper :slap: Sounds like David may be in serious stuff tho cause Sherry wants to save herself. She may just have to die soon.

kevdawg said:
True, and those are some interesting scenarios you put forth. They have been killing off key CTU folks per season.

Man, last night's ep. Why is the car with Kim & the girl by itself anyway??? :shame: There should have at least been one car full of armed agents in front AND one behind.

Well, I'm still into the show. I see from the previews that Sherry has still been able to get by without a proper :slap: Sounds like David may be in serious stuff tho cause Sherry wants to save herself. She may just have to die soon.

See I told ya..........

There was a car in front of them, it was in front of the train and although you couldn't see it there was one behind them. Remember when they arrived at CTU there was a black Expedition in front and one behind them.

I'm not sure what Sherry is doing by going to the senators place to make that kind of deal unless she's setting him up too.

There are still too many loose strings out there concerning those other 11 vials.

There's only 2 hours left........

I love this show, so much....:tup:

That Sherry is something else...I don't know whether to :lol: or :smh:.

This Saunders guy is working my last damn nerve. Did y'all see the previews for next week, when Tony told Jack, "just because you sacrificed your wife for this job, doesn't mean I'll sacrifice mine." :eek:

^Wow, did Tony say that?? :eek: I honestly don't know if I wouldn't do the same thing in his position. My first thought was - man, don't be stupid!!! Partner up with Jack, don't do a Kim!! But then, that is the woman he loves we're talking about. He just got over the fact that she won't die to the virus, only to have to deal with the fact that she might still die to the terrorist. There's gonna be some serious suspense happening, but I still think Tony & Michelle will live to see the next season. Man, this show works the senses!

Sherry needs a BULLET TO THE FRIGGIN HEAD :mad: David saves her and she goes to his opponent as thanks??? Yeah, I think she's trying to pull something too, but will it be in David's favor in the end? We already know anything she does is mainly for herself.

Fiyah, that SUV behind 'em came from nowhere! I bet you if there were a few more hours to deal with it, Saunders would've had Kim & his daughter. But they found a way that's probably quicker to deal with. Well, I'll let 'em have it; CTU didn't drop the ball then. They just did two other times, by falling for Tony's lies.

Actually, there's 3 hours left - 10a-11a, 11a-12p, 12p-1p.

This is the first time in a long time that I was able to watch this show live and not on tape(thank-you rain for cancelling our practice).

Jack ain't playing no games with no one.
Chloe trying to tell Kim about Chase "He's just like your father" and Kim telling Chase "I'll raise a child with you, but not for you"
Seems like Michelle is one pretty smart cookie, faking like she has the virus to get away and she's strong individual after jack tells her to let Saunders catch her so they can do the trade to catch Saunders. I'm suprised that Saunders didn't use his little device to check the area for others when he came to make the trade. Guess he didn't figure on Tony getting CTU or Jack involved, well Tony didn't have too much of a choice.

Dammit, I missed this last night too. I didn't get to watch any of my shows. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SU, if you get FX, try to catch a rerun of the last ep. This one had to been the most exciting in several hours!! Just the whole action surrounding Jack, Tony, Michelle, Saunders & his daughter had me jumpin out of my seat!!

Wow, Kim sounded downright smart last night. I guess I can start to appreciate her character after this season. She really understands what her father goes through and how he feels about her. He loves her dearly but also values his job. Though she understands it, she knows the pressure of Jack's job on herself & her mother, and it doesn't seem like she's willing to go through the same with Chase. I wonder if she'd even want to have children with him at this point? She knows he's basically following in Jack's footsteps.

That girl (Chloe) sure has a strange way of showing she "cares". I think she wants Chase for herself....

Jack sho ain't playin!!! I can understand Tony's accusing Jack of taking matters in his own hands when his family's on the line but not allowing Tony to. Still, Jack did the right thing. And I'm glad Michelle wasn't the damsel in distress. She is an agent after all, so I'm glad they showed she has the expertise and can outwit the enemy.

Anyway, looks like Sherry's about to get shut up for GOOD! I think Wayne & that hired muscle have more in mind than just stealing the evidence. She's gone waaay too far to survive now.

SU's Finest '93 said:
When does it air on FX?
Whoops, guess I spoke too soon. I tried looking on FX's & Fox's websites, but no more mention of encores. I guess they did it that one time because of Bush. Sorry bout that, hope I didn't get your hopes up!

kevdawg said:
Whoops, guess I spoke too soon. I tried looking on FX's & Fox's websites, but no more mention of encores. I guess they did it that one time because of Bush. Sorry bout that, hope I didn't get your hopes up!

oh, yes you did get my hopes up. :angry: :swink: :angry:

Uh oh
theyareontome.gif

;)

So, looks like Sherry's dead. A convenient tidy way to wrap that plot up. I guess they couldn't find nothing else for "lady McBeth" to do in the series. I guess Palmer's brother will be the "villian" in the administration from here on out. That is, if they keep Palmer around for next season.

Regards.

Just got thru watching hour 23 and it was HOT!!!

First Nina and now Sherry........ding dong the witch is dead...

Jack aint taking no prisoners......threating Saunders by sending in his daughter and using his same analogy as Saunders sayng "Jane doesn't have anything to do with this" and Jack answering "neither do those 800 people in that hotel"

He got what he wanted in finding 10 of the 11 vials and is on track to find the 11th one.

I told you Sherry was going to put a play on Palmer to be his wife again, will she's played out now. First by getting KNOCK the F out by ole boy that Wayne brought to help find the pill bottle, then by getting shot by Julia. I had heard Julia was going to kill herself but never did I imagine her killing Sherry first.

I can see Palmer giving Tony a pardon so he doesn't have to go to jail, but he'll have to leave CTU. Remember at the beginning of the day Tony was getting a new position and Michelle was trying to get one that was opened in the same area but was denied becuase of no field experience. Looks like she has it now and may even get Tony's gig (just a thought).

The last courier got forwarned by the one in Denver, remember he was on the phone when he got taken out. Still time for the guy connected to the Drazens to reappear on the show, just like last season. He has a big grudge against Palmer and Jack.....just remember to connect all the dots from the 2 previous seasons......

^I was wondering if they'd ever try to make that connection with the Drazens guy. One more exciting hour to go.

I agree that Tony will (or should) get pardoned. It'd be a shame to see him get sold up the river for having the same motives Jack had 2 seasons ago.

And oh yes, LADY MACPALMER IS DEAD!! Bout time! Seriously, I'm sure they could've found more for her to do in the future, but this season was really pusing the limit to what she was gonna be able to get away with. Nina & Sherry, wow! The women who were arch enemies of both main characters met their end this season. It will be interesting to see if next season can beat this one!

You know what kills me - terrorists who think the American government that they think is so evil will still abide by rules when dealing with them. How could Saunders NOT know that Jack would kill Saunders' daughter to get the truth outta him??? Spouting "you're government, you can't do this" - oh please. It's war. If Saunders didn't care about 800, why should Jack care about 1?

Man I can't wait to see how this ends!

Jack killed Saunders' daughter? :eek:

Sherry's dead? :eek:

WTF....I missed a hell of a show last night. :redhot:

24 is the best show on TV!!

I find myself not breathing at times while I watch the scenes!!

I thought last night was so realistic when ol boy was like...I will find that bottle because I'm a professional and she is not...and then he proved it by knowing that it had to be on her body cause he couldn't find it in the house!! I was like...WOW!! :eek:

I also thought it was incredible how they tracked down and went through the deduction process while trying to find the guy in the train station...precision and coordination!!

I was hating that Brad dude that came into CTU...cause I think we all know somebody like that...when they finally get the power and just forget all passion and concern for their fellow workers!

I can't wait til next week!! I hope the show continues for more seasons!!

Back