20NOLA02 (TSPN Reunion) Questions

is it some sort of requirement to go to this event? Do I have to be an SWAC member to go !? :rolleyes: I think I may have some other people intrested too but they don't post that much if none at all.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think that if you're an member on the page....or attend an Hbcu, it's cool for you to come to the event.......Hell, you'd probably get smacked on the whole weekend (lol)..........

I suggest you come with people who like to talk smack.... they will drag you in a corner and talk smack to you until you either shut them up, or find someone to take your place......

Is there gonna be a main hotel that most of the members will be staying at. If so when will we get all the information on accomodations so we can go ahead and make reservations?

LOL a weekend full of smacking ~SMH~ wow what dream!!! :D But we'll see I will just come to meet peeps and have a good time as I see it will be. I'll just remember to bring my 9 just in case :mad: :cool:.

So what all do the fee's include? Ya know a bruva kind of broke and it's in LA too and im florida ~SMH~. PLEASE let me know!

The fact is that anyone can come to the reunion. It isn't limited tojust posters or registered posters. In ATL we ehad folks who never posted, and some that hadn't ever logged on to TSPN in their lives. They were just attending with friends and/or family. it isn't exclusive.

My question is this, why 75 dollars. I mean I understand facility rental, and food(non alcoholic drinks included w/ food). That is all good. But why are we paying for alcohol. What if I was someone who didn't drink? Would I be then paying for other folks drinks? I mean I am going to be there, but the price to me is a bit higher than I expected. I guess I was just looking for something near 50 dollars or so. Was there, or is there any consideration to removing the drinks from the equation? What about college co-eds, has an idea been explored about a reduced priced for students?

Originally posted by Suge
The fact is that anyone can come to the reunion. It isn't limited tojust posters or registered posters. In ATL we ehad folks who never posted, and some that hadn't ever logged on to TSPN in their lives. They were just attending with friends and/or family. it isn't exclusive.

My question is this, why 75 dollars. I mean I understand facility rental, and food(non alcoholic drinks included w/ food). That is all good. But why are we paying for alcohol. What if I was someone who didn't drink? Would I be then paying for other folks drinks? I mean I am going to be there, but the price to me is a bit higher than I expected. I guess I was just looking for something near 50 dollars or so. Was there, or is there any consideration to removing the drinks from the equation? What about college co-eds, has an idea been explored about a reduced priced for students?

I was going to ask the same thing.......since this will be my first the price didn't seem that high to me. But that college student thing! I was thinking the samething.

Well I read the fee's and all...... so that means i'll have to pay for an hotel. I'll need some help!!!!! Cause I don't know nuffin about no LA. HELP!!!!!!

Suge,

You are opening pandora's box. What if a vegetarian had a problem with the fee because they were gonna buy meat with the food??? There are plenty of what ifs.

$75 is kinda high. But DNICE and Bg are gonna set it out. I have no doubt that we'll get our money's worth. As for the drinks, man I say, set it out. If we paying for it, set it out.

Newbies,

Come if you can. Bring as many folk as you can (gotta pay the fee, though). If you got that fee, don't matter where you went to school or whether you post here. You are welcome.

Robber,

Man I am not trying to start anything, I just think that alcohol is a little differet than the non meat eaters....maybe I am making to much of this. But I was just curious. Like I said...I'm paying, I was just curious with what made the price sky rocket. I know part of it is that it is NOLA and it is June. I am just wanting as many people to attend as possible.

I'm not expecting BG and D to change anything. I just had a couple of questions. :D Imean ia m kool, but I was thunking about a few others........

I'm guessing the price has to do with rented facilities. I can't see liquor driving the price up like that. Do you realize how much liquor that'd be??? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you're right. Maybe we're both wrong.

I was already under attack for my previous statements, but you are telling the truth Suge... Everybody on the SWACPAGE does not drink like fish.. (Even though I Do) and they are in a sense subsidizing the heavy drinkers.. I have no problem in buying my own liquor.. but I know yall trying to hold up with tradition of having everything supplied....

As far as poor college students.. they have plenty enough fore-warning to the event to get the money... I am sorry if they can't get with the program.

But hell yall running it go ahead and run it.. I know yall ain't got everything squared away yet.. where we sending the money to? I know yall need to get started on some of the preparations as soon as you can......

Yeah I know D and Bg are going to do a helluva job. And I am not trying to start a ruckus. Hell I will be one of the people laid out drunk by saturday night. I just wanted to ask some questions. They laid out very well what the money was going towards.....it was right there in our faces. i just questioned the cost. But hell even they have admitted that the cost is steep. So what can I do!
Hell my money wil probably be in the mail in a few weeks anyway.......

Besides I can afford 75 bones thanks to donations from Robbera nd Battle Cat this past season! :D

If it helps any...

Suge,

Part of the money also goes to pay for security as well. Like I said before, security will be provided by the N.O.P.D. Also keep in mind that this is a two day event. We simply want to make sure that there is enough food and drink for everyone. Seafood is not cheap! I don't don't drink either, but I don't think it is too much.

This is the first time that we have been able to get pricing information out to everyone 5 months ahead of time. The committee needs ample time to plan accordingly. Your feedback, concerns, questions are a part of the planning process. It return, we try to give you enough time to plan accordingly.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Suge, and Dirty, the cost is a little steep, because like Ken said, we have security to pay for, seafood, hall rental, park rental, meats, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, mustard, catsup/ketchup, mayonaise, cups, ice, forks, spoons, napkins, tablecloths, decorations, drinks (see paragraph 2), pepper, salt, file`, paprika, bread, buns, plates, the items that holds & heats food, butane gas, trash bags, and I know there's some other things I left off, but it has to be plentiful for 2 days, for a (hopefully) large group of people, some with large appetites.

As far as the non drinkers go, there will be soda's, and water, and juice, so they will no doubtly be drinking something. Unfortunately, we can't set a separate price for those who don't partake in libations. They don't let non-drinkers in the club at a discounted price, because they don't drink. ha ha ha

Seriously though, I understand, but there is always something, someone will not eat, or drink, and those things have been taken into consideration, and some accomodations will be made on their part, so that all feel welcomed, and that there dollars were well spent.

NICE

Since alot of you have asked questions about food, knowing everyone doesn't eat seafood nor red meat we will make provision for those people. (Chicken, turkey?, beef, veggie and pork.)

Those with concerns, if they'll notified us we will try to accomodated them. Thanks for your questions.

BgJag

one more thing ....... where do I send my money too!? :confused: I might be slow but I ain't seen no address or nothing lol. And (just on an WHAT IF basis) if I wanted an refund just incase I can't go and pay my money. Would that occur ...... will there be an deadline for it. Just for instance at band camp just incase someone wants and refund it is an deadline before which they can request or they don't get isht back.

5 months to prepare...didnt think of it like that! I'll be sure to be there!

Originally posted by Stanizzle 100
one more thing ....... where do I send my money too!? :confused: I might be slow but I ain't seen no address or nothing lol. And (just on an WHAT IF basis) if I wanted an refund just incase I can't go and pay my money. Would that occur ...... will there be an deadline for it. Just for instance at band camp just incase someone wants and refund it is an deadline before which they can request or they don't get isht back.

5 months to prepare...didnt think of it like that! I'll be sure to be there!

Stanizzle,

I will have the payment info up in a day or two. However, I will tell you this. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!!!!! Once your money is paid, it will not be refunded.

What are we getting security for?? Do the venues we are using require them??

We did everything low budget (in terms of facilities) in ATL and I think everyone was happy. We only charged $25 and people were taking plates home. Last year it was $35 but I did not go so I don't know how things were. Didn't we have liquor in Atlanta??

I know you guys were expecting these questions but $25, $35, $75?????

Originally posted by Kenn Rashad

Stanizzle,

I will have the payment info up in a day or two. However, I will tell you this. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!!!!! Once your money is paid, it will not be refunded.

That's taking a chance for me :( but anyway It was an "what if question" and me and like 2 other people still plan on going though.

Thanks

Originally posted by Tigerpride
What are we getting security for?? Do the venues we are using require them??

We did everything low budget (in terms of facilities) in ATL and I think everyone was happy. We only charged $25 and people were taking plates home. Last year it was $35 but I did not go so I don't know how things were. Didn't we have liquor in Atlanta??

I know you guys were expecting these questions but $25, $35, $75?????

I want everyone to enjoy the weekend without worrying about their personal belonging. Better safe than sorry. If you read the post again, I plan on doing a booklet, gift bags and some other things not provided in the past plus the rental fee. No one here in New Orleans lives in an apartment complext with a club house. In addition, seafood ain't cheap and I beleive y'all wanted seafood. Along with other appetizing dishes.

I will be there. I live only an hour away. I don't have to have airfare. :cool:

I know it will be set out!!! (but $75??? kekekekekeeeeeeeeeee:lmao: )

My question is, I plan on bringing my wife and I wanted to know will I have to pay $150.00 for the both of us or will there be some type of discount for spouses. Just asking because this will be my first time attending and I want to send the correct amount of money.

Back