2021 SWAC Spring Football Schedule

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Potentially playing JSU in football and basketball on the same day could be a great day for the city of Jackson

Opening up against JSU, AAMU and Alcorn will quickly let us know where we stand in year 3

The only thing that is messed up with this schedule for us is that Mar 6th date against stu is also Senior Night for both of our basketball teams. We need to move that game to Apr 24th and end the season against each other.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What will change substantially between now and say February 2021 in terms of the risks that the Corona virus poses?

Well, that's a span of roughly 7 months, so let's just wait and see if there will be a down turn in the virus sufficient to make it safe to resume sports

The only thing that is messed up with this schedule for us is that Mar 6th date against stu is also Senior Night for both of our basketball teams. We need to move that game to Apr 24th and end the season against each other.

You could play the football game earlier in the day, say, for example, 1:00 p.m.

Last edited:
It's ambitious and I applaud the commissioner. I have to ask, however. Do you think the athletes will hold up for the fall? You risk losing players for the "true" season.

And the whining begins!

It already started with those from Baton Rouge and Jackson even though they can choose to play the game on April 24

Also I already know this will be a hard no for the SWAC but the other FCS people are using the SWAC to possibly put together a 16 team FCS playoffs. We've already talked about how 3 months might not be enough of an offseason to turn around and play in Fall 2021 yet they wanna try to ply into late May-early June

Back