2021 SWAC Spring Football Schedule

And that is my point. You are being very optimistic assuming we have a vaccine approved by the end of the year, distributed to the general population who will likely at this point require a two shot inoculation 30 days apart in order to be considered protected...

I think the SWAC is betting on COVID #s being down overall, and being in a lot better shape regarding a possible vaccine and taking advantage of warner weather come Spring. It's a good plan - not full-proof, but comprehensive enough to get prepared for, and learn some things (looking at you SEC/ACC) along the way.

Other conferences will be following our lead.

You could play the football game earlier in the day,say, for example, 1:00 p.m.

The basketball games are at 3:00 and 5:30 respectively. Even if the times were adjusted, I don't think most people and students want to be up attending these all day sporting events in 2 different venues.

The basketball games are at 3:00 and 5:30 respectively. Even if the times were adjusted, I don't think most people and students want to be up attending these all day sporting events in 2 different venues.

This is a one time thing. Not a new normal. People will live.

This is a one time thing. Not a new normal. People will live.

I understand it's a one time thing but there should have been some kind of considerations for things like this. If it was a road game on that date it wouldn't be that bad but the football game is against your instate rival and the same night that your seniors on the basketball team will play at their home court. You also got to look at the staff that has to work these long hours ie..trainers, SID's, etc.. Not to even think about the other people you have to hire to work the events in general.

We're not the only school that will have that problem as Valley will be hosting UAPB for their basketball senior night and hosting AAMU in football and Grambling will be hosting one of the Alabama schools for basketball and Jaskson St for football.

It may be something the conference just missed when they were making this schedule. They made sure there were no football games the following weekend as that is the dates for the basketball tournament. They could have easily looked into not having schools host football and basketball on senior night.

Since most senior nights are on the last saturday of the schools home basketball schedule (so parents can visit on a weekend), the Alabama Schools have the same problem on the opening weekend of the football season.

One option that was put forth for football, and probably needs to be considered for bball & all the other sports is having senior nights be the 1st home games back on campus, because there's no guarantee that we will make it that far into a season.

Get it out of the way ASAP so these kids can check that box. Time is on our side right now to be planning for contingencies, and make adjustments as necessary.

One option that was put forth for football, and probably needs to be considered for bball & all the other sports is having senior nights be the 1st home games back on campus, because there's no guarantee that we will make it that far into a season.

Get it out of the way ASAP so these kids can check that box. Time is on our side right now to be planning for contingencies, and make adjustments as necessary.
That is a damn good idea

With you being a photographer I can see how this schedule would cause logistical issues for you. Not to mention the SIDs

How will Spring Football affect recruiting? Jan./Feb. Is typically your heavy recruiting time. Now coaches will be preparing to play games. I wonder will any adjustments be made by the NCAA in regards to recruiting since priorities may have temporarily changed for those programs playing in the spring.

How will Spring Football affect recruiting? Jan./Feb. Is typically your heavy recruiting time. Now coaches will be preparing to play games. I wonder will any adjustments be made by the NCAA in regards to recruiting since priorities may have temporarily changed for those programs playing in the spring.
Half of December and January is a dead period so no in person recruiting. I'm thinking in the back half of January coaches can invite players to visit and actually see practices in action while on official visits. It will be a juggle logistically though.

I wonder would the NCAA let schools use the fall like they normally would use the spring for football?

The NCAA's football oversight committee has developed a 12-hour schedule model for teams not playing this fall that it recommended to the NCAA's Division I council for approval on Tuesday.

What will change substantially between now and say February 2021 in terms of the risks that the Corona virus poses?
change, as always, depends on us. we want sports? wear a mask, wash our hands and stay away from one another & infection rates will fall.

The only thing that is messed up with this schedule for us is that Mar 6th date against stu is also Senior Night for both of our basketball teams. We need to move that game to Apr 24th and end the season against each other.
I don't see y'alls basketball schedule anywhere. likely to change imo anyway.

Back