Attendance: 2700

Bethune Cookman at Jackson State
Attendance: 26428

Prairie View A&M at Southern
Attendance: 24580

Alcorn State at Texas Southern
Attendance: 2653

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Couldn’t have been sold out, I saw empty seats in the stadium. I can find that picture if you would like.

There were not many empty seats and if any they were on the fringes of the stadium. Lots of people walking around the stadium.
Now when that 4th qtr started and PV scored again, that place got empty quick.

There were not many empty seats and if any they were on the fringes of the stadium. Lots of people walking around the stadium.
Now when that 4th qtr started and PV scored again, that place got empty quick.
Exactly. This is the exact reply I wanted. Same went for the jsu homecoming and jsu side in Huntsville. With all the seats that were taken the few that were empty was still accounted for because people were walking and at concession stand. So many people seem to never understand that. They act like everyone is always seated all at the same time lol

Exactly. This is the exact reply I wanted. Same went for the jsu homecoming and jsu side in Huntsville. With all the seats that were taken the few that were empty was still accounted for because people were walking and at concession stand. So many people seem to never understand that. They act like everyone is always seated all at the same time lol
But in what I was saying, there was more than the 24K reported at that game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Perhaps the reason your math doesn't work is that the stadium capacity is not 30,000 but 28,500.

But the last few years, since that new end zone was added the capacity increased to 30k, per y’all. Even still with 28,500 capacity that doesn’t equal sold out if y’all only had 26k.

Maybe it’s not my math that’s off 😂

But the last few years, since that new end zone was added the capacity increased to 30k, per y’all. Even still with 28,500 capacity that doesn’t equal sold out if y’all only had 26k.

Maybe it’s not my math that’s off 😂
Our stadium capacity has never been 30,000, and that number has not been listed in these forums or on any school website. In fact, your post is the first time I have seen 30,000 listed as the capacity for Mumford. Before the endzone addition, which added 2500 seats, the capacity was 26,000. The 26,000 homecoming attendance was "paid attendance," and I have no doubt there were more than 28,500 fans inside that stadium. But be that as it may, we welcome all JSU fans to our capital city and to Scott's Bluff.

Ask Earle, he was so concerned about jsu stadium capacity I’m sure he’s the stadium capacity historian!!

Back