2021 FCS Playoffs Dates and TV Schedule

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don’t see why the NCAA can’t provide an auto bid to the conference and allow the commissioner to send who he chooses which in our case would be the highest placed team not in the SCG that is finished their regular schedule before the playoffs begin. Every conference should have an automatic bid…..

We can't be naïve, they don't want the SWAC or MEAC teams in the FCS playoff. The NCAA did this on purpose not by chance.

We know this.

Tell this to the Florida schools, Dei-Hive and people feeling courageous to let their inner Stephen out as far as begging to get into their system

SWAC had an automatic bid but decided to give up that automatic bid when they went to the SWAC championship format. Because NCAA requires you to have at least 6 schools eligible to play in the playoffs the 4th weekend in November when the playoffs begin. However, since they move the FCS championship game back, the SWAC could ask the FCS Playoffs to start the send weekend in December instead of 4th weekend in November. They can have 32 teams and play the championship game on the 2nd weekend in January.

We know this.

Tell this to the Florida schools, Dei-Hive and people feeling courageous to let their inner Stephen out as far as begging to get into their system
I would call it lobbying or marketing instead of begging:). And, it is necessary because the SWAC does not have an automatic bid. I believe that JSU, PVAMU and FAMU have the talent to beat many of the FCS teams that are ranked in the FCS top 25. FAMU is the only HBCU to win the Div 1-AA Championship. And, in the late 1990's under Coach Billy Joe the Rattlers made it as high as the semi-finals. I believe it was in 1999 that the Rattlers climbed their way high enough up the rankings to receive an at-large bid. NC A&T won the MEAC that year. The Rattlers defeated Appalachian State, Troy State, and lost to Youngstown State 27-24 after leading for all but 44 seconds in the fourth quarter narrowly missing an opportunity to play in the Championship against Georgia Southern.

Ok. Right now it's their party and you know they are not going to make adjustments based on the SWAC's request. The adjustment until further notice will have to be on the SWAC. Which is most important the playoffs or the SWAC Championship and Celebration Bowl? If it is the playoffs, you send the SWAC's best.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Do some home and home series with some of the top FCS schools if you have something to prove.. If we starting beating them consistently, the playoffs will cater to us......this world is money driven...

I've been saying this for a couple of years now. That's why I looked at A&T sideways for taking a money game against NDSU (thankfully the pandemic cancelled it). It's one thing if Valley does it (even though we actually have done a home and home with NDSU right before they became the NDSU that people know) but it's another thing if the best HBCU (and one of the top FCS schools) recently does a one off with them. That's what they want

Tell NDSU to get on the phone with Ashley and do a home and home with JSU. Right about now, JSU has more cache than NDSU and putting 40,000 people in the Vet with the Boom is something that they just aint used to (we know they aint bringing a big crowd).

I don’t see why the NCAA can’t provide an auto bid to the conference and allow the commissioner to send who he chooses which in our case would be the highest placed team not in the SCG that is finished their regular schedule before the playoffs begin. Every conference should have an automatic bid…..

They don't want to give us that option of having the 4th or 5th place team (highest left from both divisions) geting in with a subpar record. If you take out the 2 teams in the SCG, the next 2 could be the ones playing in the BC or the Turkey Bowl and that would leave a lower level conference team.

We have known the playoffs is a "Money Pit" for years... Why do we keep having these discussions.... The eye on the stove is 🔥....why do we keep wanting to touch it. Come on people...

It's a money pit for those teams hosting, for the visitors it's just another game on the schedule

SWAC had an automatic bid but decided to give up that automatic bid when they went to the SWAC championship format. Because NCAA requires you to have at least 6 schools eligible to play in the playoffs the 4th weekend in November when the playoffs begin. However, since they move the FCS championship game back, the SWAC could ask the FCS Playoffs to start the send weekend in December instead of 4th weekend in November. They can have 32 teams and play the championship game on the 2nd weekend in January.
Did the SWAC have an AQ back in the gap during the i-aa tournament?

Look at the committee....why would they consider us if we don't even have representation at the table because we would rather participate in the Celebration Bowl. How about the SWAC and MEAC demand a seat at the table to push their request.

Back