2021 Fall HBCU bands.

Norfolk is the best kept secret in the HBCU band world. If they were located further south they’d be way more popular. One of the only MEAC bands I like.

The small Bama State does sound good. When I was in the MMH we were damn near 400 strong. We weren’t as clean but we were still a force. I’m liking the direction the program is going.

Id like to see if the Boom can keep up their momentum for the past 3-6 years and remain the top band in the land.

Norfolk has been one of my favorite trumpet sections since my days in SOD

Norfolk has been one of my favorite trumpet sections since my days in SOD

them Dizziacs are the truth. I would have love to seen a Dizziacs vs S Phi D battle, but SU’s trumpets have kind of fell off.

Alcorn has had the best trumpet section in the SWAC for a few years now

them Dizziacs are the truth. I would have love to seen a Dizziacs vs S Phi D battle, but SU’s trumpets have kind of fell off.

Alcorn has had the best trumpet section in the SWAC for a few years now

preciate that, Scream Team has definitely been on point. Can't wait to hear those boys this fall.

love the Dizziacs though, dope name too.

preciate that, Scream Team has definitely been on point. Can't wait to hear those boys this fall.

love the Dizziacs though, dope name too.

I don’t know the ins and outs of y’all’s program, but I think I remember hearing the staff has been recruiting the New Orleans are heavy for the past few years. I always thought that was the reason you guys have had the best trumpet section & overall band in the SWAC for the past few seasons

I don’t know the ins and outs of y’all’s program, but I think I remember hearing the staff has been recruiting the New Orleans are heavy for the past few years. I always thought that was the reason you guys have had the best trumpet section & overall band in the SWAC for the past few seasons

well we're building and Alcorn made tremendous strides in 2019. Even with Covid you could tell our talent level had jumped from the spring 2021 selections. I just want to see a continued level of consistency from year to year and I think Dr. Martin and staff are going to build on that.

Back