2020 State Fair of Texas canceled. What does this mean for GSU/PV?

My guess is (assuming there is a season) the game will have to be moved on campus. PV was the home team last year, right? If that's the case, the game would be moved the Grambling.

They are still leaving this up to the schools that play during that time to have the game.

Organizers said the NCAA, respective conferences and universities that play football games at the Cotton Bowl during the fair will make decisions on whether or not those games take place, but that if they take place they will take place in Fair Park

who's going to pay rent,staffing,security and whatever other expenses at the Cottonbowl? I doubt they will allow access to the cottonbowl for free.
That’s the promoter’s responsibility. If he finally lets the game be on real tv, maybe he can cover those costs. If he cannot cover the cost, he needs to cancel the game.

Yes sir. Those fees will have to be paid: parking, security, staffers, rent. And then the idea of bringing each band, potentially, housing & food & travel.... Those #s rise very sharply.

There will be no traveling for any bands this year, just expect a DJ if the game is held. At this point I don't expect any fall sports this year.

There will be no traveling for any bands this year, just expect a DJ if the game is held. At this point I don't expect any fall sports this year.

Al Wash is talking out the side of his neck. The game will flop and he's not about to lose money trying. Just invest in promoting next year's event more because no one knows how or if things will ever return to normal.

Back