2020 Honda Battle of the Bands

It would have been too much in one season. Let those kids get a little break after a nice trip to L.A., and maybe look at Honda for 2021.

After going to the Honda.., I can honestly say I was not impressed. One of the things that is really starting to bother me is that once you've seen one you have seen it all..Drills,Music, dance it's nothing new. I like the Pvam drill Into spelling out Storm,

Can we please in 2020 start to think outside the box..

They should let each band director pull names and do a 3-5 song battle against one another after all the shows are done

They should let each band director pull names and do a 3-5 song battle against one another after all the shows are done

I disagree. Put together a solid show then take your ass home.
Personally, I think that's what contributed to the lack of innovation when it comes to HBCU halftime shows. It just seems that with all of the crankfest types of events, marching bands are more focused on being "stands" bands.

It's to much laziness going on in the bandworld. It takes more work to creating exciting and innovative shows than the stands but many directors are leaning more towards the stands. I feel if you cannot put on a good show you need to get another damn job,

After going to the Honda.., I can honestly say I was not impressed. One of the things that is really starting to bother me is that once you've seen one you have seen it all..Drills,Music, dance it's nothing new. I like the Pvam drill Into spelling out Storm,

hampton had a different show , you didn’t like their show ?

funny coming from a SU person..y’all been doing the same drills for 60 damn years

FAMU, Cookman & the MEAC schools always bring some new stuff. FAMU & Cookman with the picture drills that change every year, and NCAT with them incorporating corps style marching along with the traditional marching.

But anyways, I enjoyed it. I really don’t like having bands perform in large NFL stadiums because the acoustics are horrible. I wish Morris Brown’s stadium wasn’t condemned...woulda have been great to have it there.

That was my first time seeing TNSU in person. I was very impressed. Didn’t like how JSU brought back people who are supposed to be done marching, that’s all I’ll say.

funny coming from a SU person..y’all been doing the same drills for 60 damn years

FAMU, Cookman & the MEAC schools always bring some new stuff. FAMU & Cookman with the picture drills that change every year, and NCAT with them incorporating corps style marching along with the traditional marching.

But anyways, I enjoyed it. I really don’t like having bands perform in large NFL stadiums because the acoustics are horrible. I wish Morris Brown’s stadium wasn’t condemned...woulda have been great to have it there.

That was my first time seeing TNSU in person. I was very impressed. Didn’t like how JSU brought back people who are supposed to be done marching, that’s all I’ll say.
The way Mob stadium is set up all the bands couldnt set up therre. its impossible to set a entire band over there at that eight drums and dancers alone needed their own side lol

The way Mob stadium is set up all the bands couldnt set up therre. its impossible to set a entire band over there at that eight drums and dancers alone needed their own side lol

I’d only have the heavy hitters (Bama State, Dega, FAMU, etc) sit in the stands. All other bands can perform and leave right after

MoBrown's Herndon Stadium is too small for the crowd that the Honda BOTB brings.
The crowd is more than double that of the Celebration Bowl game. It has not sold out in a while but they still pack them em!

After attending most years the event has been in existence, I can pass on it. Its great for those who may not get to see bands throughout the football season. I will admit it, I enjoy them more at the game and what it adds to the atmosphere than I do the BOTB event.
Now I only go when I have friends, family coming from out of town who want to go. Thats no slight to our young people who work hard to put on an entertaining show every year either. IJS....

Back