2018 FCS Playoffs

A lot of us will sit through a measley temp of 40 degrees and rain. That’s nothing. Average and normal people won’t. Diehards and extremists will. :D

@JR , were you at some of the Nov games in ‘87/‘88 at the horseshoe? It’s amazing to witness and be a part of those large crowds w/ like-minded people who are not fickle when it comes to sports support.

Yes, and a lot of you have been watching that team for 40 years. It's their third season...they'll be aight.

This is dumb logic though. Based on their location, exactly what FBS conference is NDSU going to join? I guess you all forget that FCS teams have to receive an invite from a conference before they can move up unless they have unlimited money to get a waiver like Liberty. And then you become an independent having to pay to schedule decent games.
The MAC or Mountain West

If anyone is going to stop North Dakota State, it will be South Dakota St who they face next weekend.

The MAC or Mountain West

I think you seem to forget one thing. The FBS conference has to invite NDSU. They cant just decide that they're going to be FBS. And if you're the MAC or the MWC, do you invite a team that likely could beat every team in your conference when it's school presidents that have to vote for the school to get in? No lol. On top of that if you take either of those invites you commit to travel for all of your teams having to travel much further than they do now for conference play. When you've had the success that NDSU has had, do you really get excited about joining the MAC or the MWC just for the sake of being FBS? Probably not.

I think you seem to forget one thing. The FBS conference has to invite NDSU. They cant just decide that they're going to be FBS. And if you're the MAC or the MWC, do you invite a team that likely could beat every team in your conference when it's school presidents that have to vote for the school to get in? No lol. On top of that if you take either of those invites you commit to travel for all of your teams having to travel much further than they do now for conference play. When you've had the success that NDSU has had, do you really get excited about joining the MAC or the MWC just for the sake of being FBS? Probably not.
That didn't seem to stop the Sun Belt for inviting Georgia Southern and Appalachian State to their conference. It didn't stop the Mountain West from adding Boise State. If North Dakota State expressed interest in going FBS, trust me, the MAC and Mountain West would definitely look into adding them.

Also the Mountain West has Hawaii in their conference so distance wasn't much of a concern when adding them.

I think that mostly the northern schools will win the national title for the foreseeable future especially with quite a few southern schools going to the FBS. Former champions Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Louisiana-Monroe and Marshall, a former Southern Conference school, won 12 national titles. Do not forget about schools like Troy, Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International, some that went to multiple playoffs, are also in the FBS.

If one adds FAMU, it would make the total 13. All of the former champions I mentioned earlier are now in the FBS. FAMU made an attempt to go to the FBS a little over 15 years ago.

That didn't seem to stop the Sun Belt for inviting Georgia Southern and Appalachian State to their conference. It didn't stop the Mountain West from adding Boise State. If North Dakota State expressed interest in going FBS, trust me, the MAC and Mountain West would definitely look into adding them.

Also the Mountain West has Hawaii in their conference so distance wasn't much of a concern when adding them.

Do I really have to put this in simple man terms lol. The Sunbelt invited Georgia Southern and App State because conference re-alignment made it necessary. The Mountain West added Boise state because they NEEDED Boise State. They gave them a special deal to where they can keep part of their tv money and not have to split it with the conference just to get them back from joining what was then the Big East. It didnt have a damn thing to do with those teams "expressing interest" in joining. It had everything to do with the fact that those conferences were losing teams and needed replacements. A simple google search could've told you this.

It benefits NDSU nothing to join either one of those conferences and it benefits neither of those conferences to add NDSU. Just like the Sunbelt never would've added App State, Georgia State or Georgia Southern had they not lost WKU, MTSU, FAU, FIU and North Texas. Nor would CUSA have added those teams had they not been raided by the AAC. Nor would the AAC have added ECU or Tulane. That's totally irrelevant to NDSU just petitioning to join an FBS conference.

Do I really have to put this in simple man terms lol. The Sunbelt invited Georgia Southern and App State because conference re-alignment made it necessary. The Mountain West added Boise state because they NEEDED Boise State. They gave them a special deal to where they can keep part of their tv money and not have to split it with the conference just to get them back from joining what was then the Big East. It didnt have a damn thing to do with those teams "expressing interest" in joining. It had everything to do with the fact that those conferences were losing teams and needed replacements. A simple google search could've told you this.

It benefits NDSU nothing to join either one of those conferences and it benefits neither of those conferences to add NDSU. Just like the Sunbelt never would've added App State, Georgia State or Georgia Southern had they not lost WKU, MTSU, FAU, FIU and North Texas. Nor would CUSA have added those teams had they not been raided by the AAC. Nor would the AAC have added ECU or Tulane. That's totally irrelevant to NDSU just petitioning to join an FBS conference.
I find it amusing that you're getting worked up over this, NDSU seems content with staying in FCS for now.

I find it amusing that you're getting worked up over this, NDSU seems content with staying in FCS for now.

lol @ worked up. I guess that's the "I have no other response" thing. Just pointed out how the logic obviously was nowhere near the same.

Not FCS but undefeated Mount Union versus undefeated Mary Hardin-Baylor in the Stagg Bowl on ESPNU

And they participated in a 32 team playoff lol

SDSU/NDSU on ESPN2

Not that anyone really cares but....there is another championship game coming

Not that anyone really cares but....there is another championship game coming

It's snowing/icy rain there in the dfw metro area right now. A predicted high of 62 degrees and sunny so it should be great football weather, if it occurs as predicted. Safe travels to all to/fro.

Back