2018 FCS Playoffs

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
How do you think this will turn out. Looks like you can stream all the games on one of the ESPN platforms.

The 2018 FCS Playoffs bracket is here. There are 24 teams playing for a national title. Find the playoff bracket, schedule, teams and scores below.

Defending national champion North Dakota State is the No. 1 seed. Weber State is the No. 2 seed. The tournament bracket was revealed on Sunday, Nov. 18.

2018%20fcs%20playoffs-bracket-schedule-scores.jpg

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...cs-playoffs-bracket-schedule-scores-how-watch

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Looks good to me. The more games to watch the merrier. It will be hard to watch some of the games on rivalry weekend and conference championship weekend though.

I like the playoffs and wish FAMU would have handled their business so A&T could have got in.

I was hoping the same and watched the Florda Classic.....Under normal circumstance, If the Labor Day Classic wouldn't have been moved and PV would have handled their business, they could have possibly been in the discussion by year end as well. Maybe PV will have a shot next year.

I was hoping the same and watched the Florda Classic.....Under normal circumstance, If the Labor Day Classic wouldn't have been moved and PV would have handled their business, they could have possibly been in the discussion by year end as well. Maybe PV will have a shot next year.

Agree and good points!

I think that mostly the northern schools will win the national title for the foreseeable future especially with quite a few southern schools going to the FBS. Former champions Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Louisiana-Monroe and Marshall, a former Southern Conference school, won 12 national titles. Do not forget about schools like Troy, Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International, some that went to multiple playoffs, are also in the FBS.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think that mostly the northern schools will win the national title for the foreseeable future especially with quite a few southern schools going to the FBS. Former champions Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Louisiana-Monroe and Marshall, a former Southern Conference school, won 12 national titles. Do not forget about schools like Troy, Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International, some that went to multiple playoffs, are also in the FBS.

That's why I charge North Dakota State with being COWARDS and hiding from from the FBS and competition like a runaway hooker.....LOL

Kennesaw State Owls deserve better fans

The Kennesaw State fan base embarrassed itself on a national level last Saturday.

The feeble crowd that came to Fifth Third Bank Stadium to see the Owls beat Wofford in the second round of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs would not have filled any of the small Class A high school stadiums in Cobb County.

The announced paid attendance was 3,515. The actual number of spectators may have been half that. It was by far the smallest crowd in program history.

This is for a team that in four years of existence has won two Big South Conference championships and is making its second trip to the FCS quarterfinals. It has won 24 of its last 26 games, and 15 straight at home.

Of the eight playoff games played last weekend, only South Dakota State, which is based in the major metropolitan area of Brookings, S.D., population 22,056, drew a smaller announced crowd. The Jackrabbits played Duquesne in a snow storm and drew 3,042.

The other six games averaged 8,660.

Knowing the conditions weren’t great, the athletic department went out of its way to try to get people to the game. It offered a free tailgate where fans could get free food and drinks before the game.

It also gave free admission to the first 1,000 students. Yet, at kickoff, not counting the band, there were 60 students in the stands — the number was so small it was easy to count. By the end of the first quarter, it may have increased to 150, and didn’t get any bigger.

https://www.mdjonline.com/sports/co...Y87z8F78SH4Op0LaWI9i8MizAjfagONQuRmhxmk55ttXw

Well, I am no KSU fan but I plan on watching them and SDST game on t.v. this weekend...should be an interesting game.

That's why I charge North Dakota State with being COWARDS and hiding from from the FBS and competition like a runaway hooker.....LOL

This is dumb logic though. Based on their location, exactly what FBS conference is NDSU going to join? I guess you all forget that FCS teams have to receive an invite from a conference before they can move up unless they have unlimited money to get a waiver like Liberty. And then you become an independent having to pay to schedule decent games.

Kennesaw State Owls deserve better fans

The Kennesaw State fan base embarrassed itself on a national level last Saturday.

The feeble crowd that came to Fifth Third Bank Stadium to see the Owls beat Wofford in the second round of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs would not have filled any of the small Class A high school stadiums in Cobb County.

The announced paid attendance was 3,515. The actual number of spectators may have been half that. It was by far the smallest crowd in program history.

This is for a team that in four years of existence has won two Big South Conference championships and is making its second trip to the FCS quarterfinals. It has won 24 of its last 26 games, and 15 straight at home.

Of the eight playoff games played last weekend, only South Dakota State, which is based in the major metropolitan area of Brookings, S.D., population 22,056, drew a smaller announced crowd. The Jackrabbits played Duquesne in a snow storm and drew 3,042.

The other six games averaged 8,660.

Knowing the conditions weren’t great, the athletic department went out of its way to try to get people to the game. It offered a free tailgate where fans could get free food and drinks before the game.

It also gave free admission to the first 1,000 students. Yet, at kickoff, not counting the band, there were 60 students in the stands — the number was so small it was easy to count. By the end of the first quarter, it may have increased to 150, and didn’t get any bigger.

https://www.mdjonline.com/sports/co...Y87z8F78SH4Op0LaWI9i8MizAjfagONQuRmhxmk55ttXw

I live pretty close to KSU. I mean what did you expect when it was raining and 40 degrees? Nobody sitting outside in that.

I live pretty close to KSU. I mean what did you expect when it was raining and 40 degrees? Nobody sitting outside in that.
The writer was not just highlighting the FCS playoff game but attendance throughout the season.

A lot of us will sit through a measley temp of 40 degrees and rain. That’s nothing. Average and normal people won’t. Diehards and extremists will. :D

@JR , were you at some of the Nov games in ‘87/‘88 at the horseshoe? It’s amazing to witness and be a part of those large crowds w/ like-minded people who are not fickle when it comes to sports support.

Back