2018-2019 band size / first performance videos

I miscounted and I am Instagram friends with the head drum major . He said JSU is marching a little over 200 this year. Sorry guys. I miscounted on the video. But 25 tubas and strong trumpets .... my god man it’s murder she wrote to everyone in the swac.

When has size ever meant murder in the SWAC? lol

When has size ever meant murder in the SWAC? lol

It don’t southern and JSU were smaller last year and still were giving folks the work... now they’re both bigger and they still can do the same. Only other band I can say size don’t matter because they have a competent staff and arrangements is pv. JSU , Su, and Pv have been the more consistent bands the last 3-5 years in terms of sound.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
View attachment 6056 Official size confirmed 270 for the jukes. Not 300.

Glad Taylor trimmed it down from 310 to high twos. Hell he can trim it down more to me. I don't like those huge bands. We blew mofos out with 128 on the field during most of my years in the Jukebox. 160 my soph year and 192 for one game my Jr year before Doc zipped that shit back down. Back to 128 my last rip. No more than 170 in the stands. But we were ALL MALE then. LOL.

Glad Taylor trimmed it down from 310 to high twos. Hell he can trim it down more to me. I don't like those huge bands. We blew mofos out with 128 on the field during most of my years in the Jukebox. 160 my soph year and 192 for one game my Jr year before Doc zipped that shit back down. Back to 128 my last rip. No more than 170 in the stands. But we were ALL MALE then. LOL.
Same i prefer JSU to be around 180-210

lol I dont know...just reporting on what i'm seeing. Folks were making comments in one video how Taylor is bringing back the Jaguar rock, and how SU seemed to go away from it in the past few years. I never noticed. They also said he's cutting a lot of the joking around/BS and they are going back to the "no laughing, no smiling, no nothing" Jukebox.

We'll see tho..

hope he brings back the endzone entrance and the pre-game "you dont wanna go to war" chant too
We've never stopped doing the endzone entrance.

It is more than twice the size when I marched in the band (1983 and 84), but size doesn't matter to me. They better perform like the Jukebox has always performed.

"Often duplicated but never imitated"

I concur!

2017 was a great season for bands. I didnt see a terrible band in 2017. Many cleaned up too. Anyone heard mvsu yet or alcorn.

Not like it's going to make much difference. All that damn brass 30 bodies it's still gonna be disgusting either way.

I would understand your point if the creator of marching bands (John Philip Sousa) arranged music entitled, "Piccolo King" or "Woodwinds To The Fore", but he didn't. People really need to understand the difference between concert music and marching band music. There is a distinct difference. Marching bands and BRASS bands are either majority brass or all brass.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I would understand your point if the creator of marching bands (John Philip Sousa) arranged music entitled, "Piccolo King" or "Woodwinds To The Fore", but he didn't. People really need to understand the difference between concert music and marching band music. There is a distinct difference. Marching bands and BRASS bands are either majority brass or all brass.
They must don't watch Michigan, Ohio State, or Michigan State.

Look at it like this, disgusting the way I said it is a good thing lol. We all know how Southern rolls even when small. So to have that much brass it's going to be disgusting. Ask Psycho, he caught what I meant lol

I'm not into ass backwards lingo that says one thing but means another, such as 'she bad'.

Don't really care what you're into honestly. *shrug* Just made it clear that you, and seemingly only you, missed the point. Good day sir.

Some people will argue with a brick just because it is a brick and not something else. LOL!!!

Y’all may laugh when I say this, but keep an eye on Grambling this year. Rumor has it their new director coming in swinging.
They had a good season last year entertaining shows too. They had theyre few POWERful songs too. This season is just added power with size. They were clean last year too, that red bone,love galore,humble,take me to the king. When we and a few others were nice. Gsu vs pv gsu unleashed they should've kept that aggressive sound all season but it wasnt bad at all

Back