2018-2019 band size / first performance videos

THEESwacProphet

THEE SWACs Neighborhood Prophet
Posting all official numbers and first performance videos in here of all the bands in the swac and others. Let the 2018-2019 season begin!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Txsu is officially at 140 members to 173 with dancers included marching. Slight Regression from last years numbers. The director claims this isn’t the whole band, but this is accurate to the number I think they’ll match this season. But that’s never stopped the ocean from being competitive in the stands

Last edited:
Talladega’s first practices from their Facebook live. They’re 240 members strong. Debatably their biggest year yet, but will the sound be matched in quality with those numbers?. We’ll see.

Txsu is officially at 140 members to 173 with dancers included marching. Slight Regression from last years numbers. The director claims this isn’t the whole band, but this is accurate to the number I think they’ll match this season. But that’s never stopped the ocean from being competitive in the stands
Regression means going backwards. They have beefed up all sections besides piccolo.

Regression means going backwards. They have beefed up all sections besides piccolo.

For this performance , that’s the number they were at. They were slightly bigger last year. However, the band director did say in a video this wasn’t the whole band so a number update could be revisited for them soon.

Tennessee State University will be marching 180 total members this year officially. That’s a good size for them.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I was just curious to know if there is a recent listing for each Band in the SWAC as far as member count goes? If so could someone post the number of Band members for each school, that would be greatly appreciated!

I was just curious to know if there is a recent listing for each Band in the SWAC as far as member count goes? If so could someone post the number of Band members for each school, that would be greatly appreciated!

I have made a thread a few days ago posting official size and first performances of the bands so far as we get close to opening kickoff. it's labeled "band size/ first performances.

I have made a thread a few days ago posting official size and first performances of the bands so far as we get close to opening kickoff. it's labeled "band size/ first performances.
Oh wow, thanks and my apologies for not looking through the forum before I made this post.

For this performance , that’s the number they were at. They were slightly bigger last year. However, the band director did say in a video this wasn’t the whole band so a number update could be revisited for them soon.
No they weren't. Last year they were about 132 with 128 on the field. This performance, actually just the first day with everyone together so far they were 160ish. I'm on campus and have international students(one a cousin) marching right now. They are bigger than last year in every section buy piccolo. They may be even larger since the dorm floors have been waxed later due to new library being built.

Skip too the 52 minute mark. Southern has close to 155-165 members for this performance. This wasn’t the full band. Still missing some upper class members.

Back