2006 SWACPage Reunion in Washington, DC...Your Thoughts

Dr. Sweet NUPE

SWACPage Reunion in Washington, DC

I know this is real early but I would like to propose that we have the SWACPage Reunion in DC this summer. I know that it is a long way away but I think it would be nice. There are a lot of connections in this area as far as the SWAC is concerned.

We could collaborate this event with at least two groups:

The Louisiana Network
The Washington, DC Chapter Alumni Chapter of Grambling State University

I only listed those two because that all that I am affiliated with. Yet, DNice is here with the Southern connection as well as JSUToi with the Jackson State connection. This is just an idea to throw out.

Not a bad idea actually. The 100th anniversary Alpha convention is in DC in 2006, so it may be a good idea to coordinate it somewhere around that date.

MACHIAVELLI said:
Throw that idea out. You know good and well ain't nobody going to DC. Let's have it in Bunkie, LA
Nobody wants to go to Funky Bunkie, lets have it in Cottonport instead.

Exactly MACH..I would be attending if that thing is not in DC, but if It's in Bunkie or Baton Rouge..I'll be their. :flippy:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy:

ToPdOg said:
Not a bad idea actually. The 100th anniversary Alpha convention is in DC in 2006, so it may be a good idea to coordinate it somewhere around that date.

Bad idea.....

but I think DC is a good idea.

I would go.

I don't see why it has to be ONE reunion. I say plan different events at regular intervals around the country. Whoever comes, comes...

ABE said:
I would go.

I don't see why it has to be ONE reunion. I say plan different events at regular intervals around the country. Whoever comes, comes...

Sounds good to me too. Let's not limit ourselves. :tup:

Why would you Alphas take time out from your conference to attend SWAC reunion events? Won't you have enough to do already.

I think Houston should try to host the reunion again. We need to get this thing back on track. If not, I suggested a while ago that we could have the reunion during the Spring Sports (i.e. baseball) tourney. We would have reason to come to town and we could tailgate at the game to make up for the picnic.

I like the DC idea but I don't think I can take that many ga..., I mean, Alphas at one time....LOL

Tigerpride said:
Why would you Alphas take time out from your conference to attend SWAC reunion events? Won't you have enough to do already.

I think Houston should try to host the reunion again. We need to get this thing back on track. If not, I suggested a while ago that we could have the reunion during the Spring Sports (i.e. baseball) tourney. We would have reason to come to town and we could tailgate at the game to make up for the picnic.

I like the DC idea but I don't think I can take that many ga..., I mean, Alphas at one time....LOL

Houston is a bad idea, spots close down too early 2am, is WACK

nut11thward said:
Houston is a bad idea, spots close down too early 2am, is WACK

We just have to go early...lol

We really don't have many choices.....New Orleans is gone. Jackson was successful, Houston was flooded, ATL was the standard and all other places have failed to draw interest. That is why I think we would do better by surrounding it with a SWAC sporting event. We all love sports..that is what binds us.

Otherwise, do we have enough people in ATL to do another one?? The committee that did the first one is gone aside from Mighty Hornet. But I am sure that since that time, a new breed has emerged. We may need another ATL reunion to bring back the energy.

Tigerpride said:
We just have to go early...lol

We really don't have many choices.....New Orleans is gone. Jackson was successful, Houston was flooded, ATL was the standard and all other places have failed to draw interest. That is why I think we would do better by surrounding it with a SWAC sporting event. We all love sports..that is what binds us.

Otherwise, do we have enough people in ATL to do another one?? The committee that did the first one is gone aside from Mighty Hornet. But I am sure that since that time, a new breed has emerged. We may need another ATL reunion to bring back the energy.

I have no problem with ATL.

Tigerpride said:

:smh:

I could say something right here....but I'll take the high road.

I have no problem with the reunion being here, but the way the last 2 have turned out, I would only be on board, if I know there's a serious commitment to host the event, and if there's a decent commitment to attend.

NICE

Back