2 charged in tailgate killings

Olde Hornet

Read the entire story here:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1605892p-7812804c.html

I am shocked that this was not posted:

By MANDY LOCKE, Staff Writer

The two Tarboro brothers charged with killing two men at an N.C. State University football tailgate party Saturday evening were high school math whizzes who had racked up petty drug charges during the past several years.

Timothy Wayne Johnson, an N.C. State student, and his younger brother, Tony Harrell Johnson, were arrested late Saturday night and early Sunday, and charged with two counts of first-degree murder. They each have criminal records that include minor drug offenses but no violent crimes.

Tony Johnson, 20, fled to Wilson after the shootings but turned himself in to Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday, according to a news release. Timothy Johnson, 22, was picked up just before midnight at 3416 Harden Road in Raleigh, a two-story house in a quiet residential neighborhood, a sheriff's office spokeswoman said. Tony Johnson's Chrysler Cirrus was found at Carolina Pottery in Smithfield.

:smh: **Senseless**

"Witnesses said the Johnson brothers exchanged punches with the two victims earlier in the evening after a carton of beer cans was thrown at Tony Johnson's car as he sped through a crowded parking lot just off Trinity Road. The brothers returned -- this time with a handgun -- just after the 6 p.m. kickoff of the season opener against the University of Richmond.

One of the Johnson brothers offered tailgater M. Brian Smith, 31, $200 to point out the man who had fought him earlier, Smith said. "He said, 'I got a .38 special' ... and I was like, 'Whatever,' " Smith said, declining the money."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back