2-21-04 SWAC BBall scores

J C

Bama State 65 Alcorn 45 Men
7 wins out of the last 8 games for the Hornets

Bama State women beat the lady Braves. Don't remember the score. Lady Hornets are 10 and 3

Men Scores

PV 64
Pine Bluff 55

JSU 65
Grambling 75

TXSU 55
MVSU 69

Southern 64
AL A&M 82

Bama State 65
Alcorn 45

Current Standing

MVSU 12- 2

JSU 8- 6

Bama St 7 - 6

Bama A&M 7 - 6

TXSU 7 - 6

Alcorn 7 - 7

Southern 7 - 7

Grambling 7 - 7

P V 6 - 7

Pine Bluff 1 -13

Re: Men Scores

Originally posted by J C

Current Standing

MVSU 12- 2

JSU 8- 6

Bama St 7 - 6

Bama A&M 7 - 6

TXSU 7 - 6

Alcorn 7 - 7

Southern 7 - 7

Grambling 7 - 7

P V 6 - 7

Pine Bluff 1 -13

Talk about parity! :redhot:

That is scary... you can lose two games and go from second place to not even making the tournament.... what schools have home schedules that favor them?????

Originally posted by DAHILL
That is scary... you can lose two games and go from second place to not even making the tournament.... what schools have home schedules that favor them?????

If I am not mistaken Bama State and A&M have to go on the Texas two step. The rest of their games are at home. I believe both will make the tournament.

After we come back from the "Bama or Bust" trip Monday, our last three are at home. We have a game Saturday against Southern. Then we have one against Texas Southern Thursday, March 4 and our last game is against PVU Saturday, March 6.

We need all three of these.

With JSU's loss, second place is starting to fall into that logjam.

We beat Texas Southern without Solomon Forbes. he didn't play one minute. I think that spells trouble for the Swac.

Originally posted by FLAMES
We beat Texas Southern without Solomon Forbes. he didn't play one minute. I think that spells trouble for the Swac.

Did y'all have Soloman Forbes and his 18 points when Valley came to Houston and lost?

Valley, I hope you all can keep up this momentum you all have when the Tourney starts. We all know that for the past few years, Valley has always been a threat during the regular season. When Tourney time came around, they have always been bounced in the first round.
Both times Valley was the best team in the SWAC, Texas Southern has been the team to bounce them. I would love to see Valley in the NCAA Tourney. I think that could upset their first round opponent.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Did y'all have Soloman Forbes and his 18 points when Valley came to Houston and lost?

Yes but he didn't start playin like he has been until after that game. When yall beat us by two. Then yall act yall blew us out the gym. When ever yall when it's last second 3 or a ref call like last year and the year before that

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Valley, I hope you all can keep up this momentum you all have when the Tourney starts. We all know that for the past few years, Valley has always been a threat during the regular season. When Tourney time came around, they have always been bounced in the first round.
Both times Valley was the best team in the SWAC, Texas Southern has been the team to bounce them. I would love to see Valley in the NCAA Tourney. I think that could upset their first round opponent.
We didn't lose in the first round last year. Then we always lose by about 1 point lol

Back