1979 Zeta Nu KKPSI Flashback: Revelation

WOW!!! Ny yall was CLEAN AS HELL in that pic! ...
LOL! Some folks will tell you that was back when ZN was in the "Corporate Brother" mode.
... The second frat from the left is looking real serious!
Second from the left would be Darius Emanuel, our line President. And if you ask anyone who had the (unfortunate) experience of crabbing or pledging under him, they would concur that he was VERY serious.

FWIW, Darius is from Shreveport (Booker T. High School) and now lives in Detroit.

Last edited:
FWIW, Darius is from Shreveport (Booker T. High School) and now lives in Detroit.

My mother went to BTW in S'port. Ima ask if she knows the family.

I like the brotha on the far left (Dixon?). Boy got that look like "Man, Im so clean, I GotZ to get in on this pic. Slide over, baby. Lemme get in here...*sniff* "

LOL! Some folks will tell you that was back when ZN was in the "Corporate Brother" mode.Second from the left would be Darius Emanuel, our line President. And if you ask anyone who had the (unfortunate) experience of crabbing or pledging under him, they would concur that he was VERY serious.

Yes, I saw that ad and laughed till I cried at their photos! I know Darius Emanual. I'm from Shreveport too.

That's pretty cool right there! I had a good friend and frat that was there during that time named Reginald Crawford a trumpet player. Has any of you guys seen or heard from him?

... I had a good friend and frat that was there during that time named Reginald Crawford a trumpet player. Has any of you guys seen or heard from him?
Absolutely. Crawford crabbed in '77 and pledged on the Zeta Nu Spring '78 line. (He is "Kool Breeze's" LB). Crawford was in the hospital a few months ago and I spoke to him then -- for the first time in over 20 years.
...I like the brotha on the far left (Dixon?). Boy got that look like "Man, Im so clean, I GotZ to get in on this pic. Slide over, baby. Lemme get in here...*sniff* "
Thanks Juke -- that would be me. As others have noted, I had my Ron O'Neal leather working and you couldn't tell me NOTHIN! :pimp:

Last edited:
LOL! Some folks will tell you that was back when ZN was in the "Corporate Brother" mode.Second from the left would be Darius Emanuel, our line President. And if you ask anyone who had the (unfortunate) experience of crabbing or pledging under him, they would concur that he was VERY serious.

Darius Emanuel =:scared: that is all.

Sure feels good to be a part of that Zeta Nu Lineage!

To achieve all our goals,
we use the pride we have in store,
to benefit the marching band,
until we cannot march or even stand!!!
:nod::nod::nod::nod:

ChicagoJag said:

Darius Emanuel =:scared: that is all.

I'm not sure what happened to ChicagoJag's original quote, to which my LB (JR) has responded to. But, Darius is a legendary brother. Being a trumpet player in the Juke, we were all informed of some his standards. Being Psi, especially having a DP that was, as we say, the Grandson of Darius, informed of his Psi standards. Being the Special of my DP, it is an honor to be in the Psi lineage of Darius (being his Great Grandson). Since he was also trumpet section leader, it was an honor to have the pressure of stepping into those shoes my senior year to maintain the standard of the Jukebox trumpets. Yes, he left a legacy. His brothers passed it own and the section leaders behind him carried it on.

I couldn't imagine his area of domain under Doc being from Shreveport, trumpet, being Psi and being Alpha. Wow... lol

Again, thanks for sharing. You all made an impression on me that convinced me that SU needed serious consideration in my decision for an institution of higher learning.

Peace...

Back