106 & Park Question

Man that ***** been AWOL for about three weeks almost. I think he's doing something with the NAACP.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wayne Brady's show is cancelled isn't it?

Still no sign of AJ?but we hear AJ fans should watch ?The Wayne Brady Show? sometime soon to get the low down.

I heard BET booted his @zz for moonlighting with EXTRA or one of those magazine shows.

Good, now Free can just sit there and look like a stunna without that GEEKMOSTER sweating her.

BET doesn't pay any money for their on-air talent. According to K-104, he did a side gig with Extra.

I doubt that Free can continue to carry the show all by herself. They were good together as a team whether you like AJ or not. The show is becoming mighty boring.

BandFan said:
I heard BET booted his @zz for moonlighting with EXTRA or one of those magazine shows.

Good, now Free can just sit there and look like a stunna without that GEEKMOSTER sweating her.

Have you noticed that Free no longer seems bothered that AJ isn't there anymore. If she isn't careful she may lose her job too because the show isn't that good without two hosts. (DJ Enuff please have a seat on the couch.) And I don't even like AJ.

When I did watch the show I couldn't stand AJ. He seemed to cut Free off all the time. Always interrupting her. Then he would ask some dumb questions. I haven't seen it since he left.

AJ Didnt get fired.... he is just on leave while filming a starring role in the Aliens vs Predator movie.

*snicker*

AJ is gone...... I'd leave too if I was the co-host of one of BET's hottest shows, and made less that $50,000 a year to do it......

Flo Anthony says BET doesn't pay anybody squat.... That's why Ananda Lewis and others left BET and moved on to other Networks... BET wasn't paying worff a dizzam......

:fart:

BandFan said:

Did you seen the show he was talking about her breast. I got to admit she did had those puppies out that day. I was like WHOA! :eek:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yeah, I didn't know how long he had been gone, but I figured it had been at least a week. I saw AJ up close one time at Dream in D.C. His head is even bigger in person. At one point I thought he was sexy, I have since changed my mind. But I'm with most of ya'll, that show needs two hosts.

When I'm channel surfing I usually try to drop by 106 and Park every couple of days to see what guests they have on there. It's the closest thing we have to Video Soul with Donnie Simpson back in the day. It was simple, but good. That show had good interviews, performances and videos. But, we can't get good interviewers these days. 106 is not really made for our age demographic, but they did have Patti Labelle on the other day, which shocked me. Why can't they bring back a show like Video Soul, but minus all the videos? We don't have anywhere to go to see/hear our music stars.

Arsenio Hall send help.

Jag-Tig said:
When I'm channel surfing I usually try to drop by 106 and Park every couple of days to see what guests they have on there. It's the closest thing we have to Video Soul with Donnie Simpson back in the day. It was simple, but good. That show had good interviews, performances and videos. But, we can't get good interviewers these days. 106 is not really made for our age demographic, but they did have Patti Labelle on the other day, which shocked me. Why can't they bring back a show like Video Soul, but minus all the videos? We don't have anywhere to go to see/hear our music stars.

Arsenio Hall send help.

I know you didn't curse Video Soul like that.

106 ---------- Video Soul.

Same concept. Just different era and flava. (old school -vs- new school)

Even Video Soul went to a 2 person format near the end. Donnie and , and, and ............ Dang-it, can't remember her name.

Bring on guest, talk, show video, come back and talk some more. :bump:

jstate83 said:

Even Video Soul went to a 2 person format near the end. Donnie and , and, and ............ Dang-it, can't remember her name.

106 is a black version of TRL. No relation to Video Soul.

Video Soul was from a different era. Even the music was different. You had more sophisticated acts like Mint Condition, a young Janet Jackson, Anita Baker, a young not so loud Gerald LeVert, Jodi Watley. Now you have ni&&as singing about sweat dropping down balls and teeny boppers who couldn't carry a tune if they wanted too. You have to cater to your crowd.

jstate83 said:

That's the only point I was trying to make.

If 106 is a version of TRL, then TRL is a version of what? Every show is patterned after another show. The stuff they're doing now isn't new.

Video Soul will always be near and dear to my heart and you can never compare quality. I was only talking about concept. Besides, the acts that are out now are dominated by Lil Jon and the East Side boys or whatever their name is. You show what's popular at the time.

Long live VIDEO SOUL! Wonder what Sherry Carter is doing? How many kids does she have now? Every time we turned around she was
pregnant. :look:

Back