1 week!!!

Antroy

1 week ago TODAY, I FINALLY made a serious commitment to losing weight. I went to the gym in my apartment complex for the very first time. I have been going everyday since last week with the exception of Saturday and Sunday.

It all started with me getting a cold and losing about 12 pounds because I didn't eat a lot, if at all, during that time. Once I got better the last time I decided that since I lost the weight, I might as well do something to lose more. So I hit up the gym.

The first two days, I guess I thought I was Superman because I hit the weights HARD! My body put me in check real quick. My arms were killing me Saturday and Sunday (could hardly lift them) so I took those days off. I came back Monday and decided to take it easy at first.
I'm a beginner at this so I started off with cardio (30 minute walk on treadmill) only on Monday. Tuesday, I did cardio (20 minutes on treadmill) and a little upper body workout (bench press, bicep curl, triceps, etc.). Wednesday, I felt I needed to kind of push myself so I did a little 10 minute run with lower body work (quad and hamstring exercises). Thursday, I'm going back to the cardio and upper body routine.

I need some advice/help on somethings that I can do to help me lose this weight and keep it off. Since I'm just starting I know my metabolism is slow and that my endurance is low. That's why I do the cardio everyday. My main area is weightlifting. I need help on that and eating right. What kind of suggestions and tips can yall give me? My cardio is has already changed from walking to running on the treadmill but I need more things to do.

Congrats man! I think you're off to a great start. Keep it up. For a good start, be sure to evaluate your diet and make sure you are getting your proper nutrition that will enforce both weight loss and muscle growth. Plenty of veggies and whole grains, protien from lean meats (chicken and fish). Set ambitious and exceed ambitious goals.

Remember, it's all about the lifestyle, not the program.

Good for you Antroy. Keep up the good work man and much continued success to you. Like braveman stated, watch your nutrition and get plenty of rest while you're @ it. Good luck!

Keep it up, Cuz!!! :tup:

Drink plenty of water, too. Portion control when eating. I lose weight and able to keep pounds off by not depriving myself of the things I like but just watching how much I eat. So watch your food portions and drink plenty of water. Limit fast foods, food heavy in salt and breads.

If you know you won't be able to get the work out in, power walk. Park your car the farthest you can handle from your job or whenever you're out and about. Or do quick cardio (like jumping jacks) in between commercials when you're watching TV.

If you're the type of who can fall off easily (like me), take baby steps. Taking those baby steps helps you get adjusted better and it becomes more of a lifestyle change- rather than a diet and workout plan.

We've got the "Biggest Loser" contest going on at my job, so that's keeping me a little motivated.

Drink plenty of water, too. Portion control when eating. I lose weight and able to keep pounds off by not depriving myself of the things I like but just watching how much I eat. So watch your food portions and drink plenty of water. Limit fast foods, food heavy in salt and breads.

:tup:

Also, incorporate more "raw greenage" in your diet. That really helped me over the past few months. :nod: Hell, I need to get back on track myself- I fell off a bit after the wedding. :goodbad: :lol: But folks are still saying I look like I've lost more weight, so go figure. :noidea:

Another thing that helped (and this was just me- not saying u should do the same), but I stopped eating red meat. :tup: But u don't have to do that; like Crit stated, just watch your portions. :nod:

I started working out around September 24th. By the time I came back from Alcorn's homecoming on October 19th, I had lost 15 pounds! I'm still trying to figure out a target weight-loss area for me.

Good Deal Mane!!!

I still have 20 lbs. to loseIm not setting a time limit.. However, 20 is my Goal. I have really slacked off lately due to my crazy schedule. I love jogging/ running outdoors; however, My Dr. told me that those day were temporarily over due to severe lower back spams during a mile into the workout. So now Im working on strengthening my core muscles, which should help.

Congrats on the weight Loss. Its a Total Lifestyle Change..

I need a Serious Push... To get this Done...

Back