1 more post on "The Passion of Christ"

pbla said:
The Book of Revelation 1:14-15 “His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.”

I knew the scripture...but please read in context. This was John's vision of Him in Heaven, not on Earth. Also, the wool comparison is about the color, not the texture. I think he was dark skinned, but not like we think of sub-saharan Africans. Dark like Arabs are...

jag4life said:
I knew the scripture...but please read in context. This was John's vision of Him in Heaven, not on Earth. Also, the wool comparison is about the color, not the texture. I think he was dark skinned, but not like we think of sub-saharan Africans. Dark like Arabs are...

Or like African Americans. You know the Ancient Egyptians look like the present day African Americans.

This could be another a long thread. But Dr. Fred Price did an almost four month series on being and proving that Jesus was Black.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
jag4life said:

You should read:

The African Origin of Christianity, Vol. 1: A Biblical and Historical Account. by Paul C. Boyd
and
"Egypt and Ethiopia in the Old Testament" by Dr. Charles B. Copher

Charles Copher is the 1st Black to receive a Phd in Old testament studies...

They will give you a clearer view of those "arabs"

pbla said:
You know the Ancient Egyptians look like the present day African Americans.
I have been asking for evidence of this and still have not seen it.

...and I seriously doubt that Jesus could have passed for an African American if he were walking in the flesh today.

JSU*Toi said:
You should read:

The African Origin of Christianity, Vol. 1: A Biblical and Historical Account. by Paul C. Boyd
and
"Egypt and Ethiopia in the Old Testament" by Dr. Charles B. Copher

They will give you a clearer view of those "arabs"

I just need a picture to get a view...

jag4life said:
I have been asking for evidence of this and still have not seen it.

...and I seriously doubt that Jesus could have passed for an African American if he were walking in the flesh today.

Where have you been looking??? I have a book list that I will email you if you really want to look further into this

JSU*Toi said:
Where have you been looking??? I have a book list that I will email you if you really want to look further into this

Thanks because I always hear it, but people never give me a source. I am wondering why the darker skinned people migrated south of the Sahara also.

Gimme a sec and check your PM.

jag4life said:
I just need a picture to get a view...

If that was the case then every body would really believe that Anne Baxter was really Nefretiri in the The Ten Commandments or that ELIZABETH TAYLOR was really CLEOPATRA...

:smh:

~~~getting in on this~~~

I don't see what the significance of Jesus' 'color' is.......

If you consider that the Bible(as we know it) was translated (meaning 'written') by decree of King James II, it would seem that the ruling power would describe Christ in THEIR image, whether he really looked like them or not. They certainly aren't going to depict the Christ as something OTHER than what they are..... What sense would that make??????

I ask this: If you were in charge of translating the Bible TODAY, RIGHT NOW!!!! what color would you describe Jesus to be???? And why would you NOT describe Jesus to look like how you look.......

I'm sure that if King James II hadda been pink-n-purple polka-dotted,
Jesus would've been too......

:rolleyes:

I don't think the problem is with how those who wrote for King James saw Jesus, but how the lie is still out in 2004. The problem is with how he is visualized today and all of the propaganda that surrounds him. It really baffles me that we are the only people in the world who don't care how our birthright is protrayed to ourselves and our children. We are the only people who say "forget about this or that" when the rest of the world yells, "NEVER AGAIN"! Is it that we do not want to accept who we are because of the responsibility that goes along with being the mothers and fathers of the people and disciplines of the earth? Is it that the acceptance of responsibility requires us to get up off our arses and get OURSELVES AND OUR CHILDREN (THE PEOPLE OF THE PLANET EARTH) back in tune with God?

TRUTH MIXED WITH FALSEHOOD IS EVIL. So when Jesus, who taught TRUTH, is misrepresented and that misrepresentation is taken as TRUTH we do not become closer to God, but fall away from him.

We cannot love God until we love our neighbor/brother, but we cannot love our neigbor/brother until we first LOVE SELF. But how can you love self when you are constantly lied to and denied your history (your birthright)?

Back