1 more post on "The Passion of Christ"

nevaehinvesting

Just saw on TV that Mel Gibson is expected to personally take home about $700 million total from this one movie alone. :what: He invested $25 million of his own cash to make it.

That's the best return on investment that I've seen in a while. :tup:

nevaehinvesting said:
Just saw on TV that Mel Gibson is expected to personally take home about $700 million total from this one movie alone. :what: He invested $25 million of his own cash to make it.

Sounds more like he is reaping what he sowed! :tup:

What a BLESSING!! :nod2:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
nevaehinvesting said:

good deal... :tup:

God is Great!

SLT said:
Sounds more like he is reaping what he sowed! :tup:

What a BLESSING!! :nod2:
DITTO! Luke 6:38 - Give & it shall be given thee, a good measure pressed down shaken together & running over shall men pour into your bosom for w/the same measure you meet out it shall be meeted back to you. (paraphrased) I live by this scripture.

Its a good thing he wasn't doing it for the money. He would've really broken the bank.

Re: God is Great!

Fortitude said:
DITTO! Luke 6:38 - Give & it shall be given thee, a good measure pressed down shaken together & running over shall men pour into your bosom for w/the same measure you meet out it shall be meeted back to you. (paraphrased) I live by this scripture.

Amen.

JSU/99 said:
Its a good thing he wasn't doing it for the money. He would've really broken the bank.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic but I SERIOUSLY doubt that making money WASN'T in his interests with this movie anyway. Gibson is still an idiot who has no idea what "accurate" is. But, I do believe that God can work through people like him to create something good.

lilC said:
Maybe I'm just pessimistic but I SERIOUSLY doubt that making money WASN'T in his interests with this movie anyway. Gibson is still an idiot who has no idea what "accurate" is. But, I do believe that God can work through people like him to create something good.

Inaccurate idiot? Hardly.

Maybe you are simply pessimistic. I found the film remarkably accurate based on my years of study and quite refreshing. I most greatly appreaciated his attention to Mary and the emotions she would have likely gone through as a mother. Had the movie been done by a Protestant like myself, it would have been less likely to even be attempted.

Ms. Jag4Jag said:
I have not seen it yet.
What 'chu waitin' on K? I told my co-worker she was gonna mess around & the movie will be gone.

Dacontinent, I too wondered how Mary & Joseph felt...watching Jesus go through that. I was cool through most of the movie but, when they did a flashback to Jesus as a toddler falling over & Mary dropping everything to go & pick him up....I got a little Misty. :cry:

Fortitude said:
What 'chu waitin' on K? I told my co-worker she was gonna mess around & the movie will be gone.

I haven't seen it either. But I do plan on going THIS weekend... :nod2:

I got a chance to see it two days ago. Very good and accruate. I enjoyed it. Left me and my mother talking about it even though she hadn't seen it herself.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I saw it this weekend with the wife and believe me both of us cried! To know that Jesus withstood all of what he went through and I'm pretty sure it was far worse back then. They gave him a KINGS welcome and 5 days later they wanted him CRUCIFIED!!!

Just the thought of the cat of 9 tails brings more tears to my eyes

HORNETBOY YOU JUST WON TEH GRAND PRIZE!!Thank you again .thsi was a great movie but how is jesus still white with permed hair and blue eyes.i loved the movie but it was inaccurate in many ways.but hey jsut pass anythign on us folks and we will swallow like its appla pie. i await your barbs..............33 years in teh sun but no tan huh?

Fortitude said:
I was cool through most of the movie but, when they did a flashback to Jesus as a toddler falling over & Mary dropping everything to go & pick him up....I got a little Misty. :cry:
You and a friend of mines. They said that they were all right up until that part.

hornetboy01 said:
If this movie is so accurate, why is Jesus white?

EXACTOMENTO! A lot of people say "What difference does it make if he is portrayed as White"?. Then I tell them if it does not make any difference then why not portray the CHRIST as he is described in the Bible?

But anyway this EASTER weekend, the movie THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST will make history. Being that it's a holiday about THE CHRIST, a lot of people will go see the movie again. Pushing it closer and closer to the BILLION dollar mark. I am predicting the Memorial Day weekend when THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST will reach that billion dollar mark.

pbla said:
EXACTOMENTO! A lot of people say "What difference does it make if he is portrayed as White"?. Then I tell them if it does not make any difference then why not portray the CHRIST as he is described in the Bible?
I am not agreeing with him being portrayed as white, but tell me how he was described in the Bible...

jag4life said:
I am not agreeing with him being portrayed as white, but tell me how he was described in the Bible...

The Book of Revelation 1:14-15 ?His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.?

I still have not seen the movie and I don't think I am going to see it. Along with the fact that Jesus is white, I don't feel like seeing movie about his death will make me any stronger in my walk...

People tend to look at this death (especially after this movie) and say oh that is why I need to be a Christian instead of looking at his life and saying that is why I need to be a Christian.

Back