$1,267.30

I concur...to a certain degree...

But, calling the pepboys...etc..etc... no one had the fuel injector regulator...water pump, yes, but its not the original GM part, nor could I have a guarantee on them allowing someone else to put them on. I'm not saying I couldn't have gotten some work or parts cheaper...my point was @ what cost...driving the car and losing the engine all together and having to have to wait for one and having it installed...taking the chance of it running hot, then having it towed in? What would you have done differently? Just asking as I really want to know, but under the circumstances I'm confident did the right thing. I can agree to disagree, but I'm here with the car and it was checked out by 2 other folks.

Val, you've been living in the big city too long. You better not let your Uncle Cletus from the southside of Salem find out, you got took like that.

Next time just give your uncle the bottle of shine, and stop trying to be big time.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LOL!

Sorry Val. You gets ZERO sympathy from me because that's actually what I pay for a water pump, timing belt, balancer shaft belt, balancer sprockets, and thermostat change every 4 years or 40K miles.

Misery loves company. LOL

Seriously, that's ridiculously high for an American made vehicle. AutoZone would've given you a life-time warranty on the pump for free. :smh:

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Yall are going to learn about going to the dealership to get stuff fixed. Especially for a water pump and fuel injector regulator. I hope that you don't have an American made car.
You should have found "Slim" from down the street that could've fixed your car just like the dealer and only would've charged you a 6-pack of Budweiser!!
Wasn't there a thread a few weeks about going to the dealership for repairs?

This is so true. I have the car my next door neighbor owned and took it to the dealer where he bought it. Well, I got hosed one time too many. Once is too many for me. Well, I said bye-bye to the dealer. When I am at home a guy name Ronnie fixes my car. I also do some of the small stuff.

I will say this. Some people go to the dealer if they have a high performance car that is a collector's item. This happens because the folks at the dealer (should) know the car. But it is still good to find a local mechanic who also knows the car so you can save some much need $$$$$.

Back