#1(21USA) Lanier vs. #2 Jim Hill @ JSU Friday!

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
Yall know i have been watching this Lanier High School basketball team from the beginning of the season. The Bulldogs (LHS) are #1 in the state and #21 (make that #18) in the nation, so far. Friday night Lanier will face #2 Jim Hill. This cross-city rivalry is going to be even more intense this year. Jim Hill fans are talkin' about a major upset and many of them believe they have a better team than Lanier. What is expected to be a sell-out crowd at Jackson State's Athletics and Assembly Center will witness the showdown between the two top teams in the state. I know the folx here in Jackson have seen the car flags flyin all day today. lol. Jim Hill and Lanier folx have been representing. I swear the car flag industry has taken off...anyway, this will be a good game. I look for Lanier to crack the Top 15 in next month's USA TODAY poll. Jim Hill will try to put an end to Laniers 4 game streak of scoring more than 110 points. I'll be sure to let yall know how things go down.

Actually NT, Hill is no longer ranked #2. They suffered a couple of defeats and are currently #6 in the C-L poll. I'm not sure where they are in the AP poll.

As far as Jim Hill folks talking about an upset and having a better team.....

:sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
What is expected to be a sell-out crowd at Jackson State's Athletics and Assembly Center will witness the showdown between the two top teams in the state.

I doubt if any of Jim Hill's or Lanier's top players will attend JSU after they graduate from high school. :wavey:

Re: Re: #1(21USA) Lanier vs. #2 Jim Hill @ JSU Friday!

Originally posted by ASU

I doubt if any of Jim Hill's or Lanier's top players will attend JSU after they graduate from high school. :wavey:

:topic:

Originally posted by ASU

You're right.... They're all attending ASU.

_ _ _

Dayum......i am really, really late. lol. but anyway.

Lanier - 69
Jim Hill - 59

r0118ai.jpg

ATTENDANCE - 4,740

Re: Re: #1(21USA) Lanier vs. #2 Jim Hill @ JSU Friday!

Originally posted by ASU

MH, your hate is overspilling unto others. :(

Powers Lanier, Gulfport meet Saturday

Last summer, Lanier's Monta Ellis and Gulfport's Henry Salter were teammates on the Magnolia Stars, a Nike traveling team.

Saturday, they'll go head to head on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Lanier and Gulfport, two defending state champions with rich boys basketball traditions, highlight this weekend's ninth annual Mississippi Coast Coliseum Hoopsfest in Biloxi.

Lanier, top-ranked in The Clarion-Ledger poll and rated 18th nationally by USA Today, faces seventh-ranked Gulfport at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Ellis, a 6-foot-3 Dandy Dozen sophomore guard, powers defending Class 4A state champion Lanier, 21-1, with 30 points per game.

Salter, a 6-4 Dandy Dozen junior forward, paces defending 5A state champion Gulfport, 19-4, with 23.9 points and 14.2 rebounds per game.

Lanier (13) and Gulfport (8) have won a combined 21 state titles.

"It's going to be a great matchup," said Lanier coach Thomas Billups, whose Bulldogs have a 13-game winning streak, 33 in a row against Mississippi opponents. "Salter played with us this summer. He's pretty tough. He's hard to stop. He shoots the ball real well."

"From what I've heard, Lanier is probably head and shoulders better than anybody in the state," Gulfport coach Bryan Caldwell said. "We're going to do the best we can. I think it will be fun for the fans. It's a matchup you don't see very often."

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
LANIER - 107
DURANT - 55

LANIER

The boys basketball team scored 100 points for the eighth time this season with a 107-55 victory over Durant Tuesday. Dandy Dozen sophomore Monta Ellis led the way with 35 points. Lanier led 58-26 at halftime. The Bulldogs are ranked No. 1 in Mississippi and No. 18 nationally by USA Today.

Back