“Mo Knows”—Mo Williams’ Recruiting success at Alabama State

Sting

Would you pass on an opportunity to play for a coach that has the NBA on their resume? There are six new signees for Alabama State’s men’s basketball team that certainly would not. Since the announcement of Mo Williams as head coach, recruiting for the ASU Hornets has been off the charts.

Would you pass on an opportunity to play for a coach that has the NBA on their resume? There are six new signees for Alabama State’s men’s basketball team that certainly would not. Since the announcement of Mo Williams as head coach, recruiting for the ASU Hornets has been off the charts.

The true measure of Mo's success will be his results on the court! I look at SU's beloved Avery Johnson, who has years of NBA playing and coaching experience. Nonetheless, that experience did not translate to wins on the collegiate level. So, all the hype is good, I suppose, but it has to turn into success on the floor. Meanwhile, the Panthers, the Jaguars, the Tigers (all 3 varieties), the Bulldogs, the Rattlers, the Delta Devils, the Braves, the Golden Lions, and the Wildcats will present you opportunitis to show what you're made of.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The true measure of Mo's success will be his results on the court! I look at SU's beloved Avery Johnson, who has years of NBA playing and coaching experience. Nonetheless, that experience did not translate to wins on the collegiate level. So, all the hype is good, I suppose, but it has to turn into success on the floor. Meanwhile, the Panthers, the Jaguars, the Tigers (all 3 varieties), the Bulldogs, the Rattlers, the Delta Devils, the Braves, the Golden Lions, and the Wildcats will give opportunitis to show what you're made of.
Well that's obvious. We were competitive in just about every SWAC game last season. Will be even better this season with more talent that we have.

What I will say is a lot of fans get caught up in what they are getting and forget everyone else is recruiting as well....take it for what it's worth....LOL

Absolutely! I would doubt if your six recruits would measure up to the 5 guys SU is bringing in this season.

What I will say is a lot of fans get caught up in what they are getting and forget everyone else is recruiting as well....take it for what it's worth....LOL

tenor.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Huh? Y'all getting defensive based on an article? Who said other teams weren't recruiting? Y'all had a head start on recruiting.

Not getting defensive, just making a comment. Like I said, take it for what it's worth.....

Well maybe not you but to put together a class like this in the short time period is impressive

What I've learned over the years, it is a tough business knowing how these potential athletes will perform. It's hard to tell whether they will even show up on campus, how an environment will affect them, whether they are not overhyped, will they develop/be developed, or last but not least how are they in comparison to prospective competitors. As a consequence, I don't get overly excited about what we have or others. The only thing I do know is it's "tough on the bluff" so someone better bring their lunch whether it's our players or coaches.

Don't be surprised if Brony James ends up at Alabama State. You know he's using that connection with his dad since they were teammates with the Cavs.

Back