Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very difficult to become a JSU Drum Major. This is a Leadership Position that one has to earn; however, the Title is not given to a individual
just because; consequently, there is a University that is next door to the State of Mississippi that will Promote, just because. The only hand-out
you will receive in this Dynamic Program is your uniform, if you pass the Audition Process. With that being said, regardless of what instrument a
Individual specializes in does not Conflict your Leadership Tenure. “NOTE” If you take time and research the History of Drum Majorship at JSU,
one of the very best Drum Majors that created the High Knee Lift Technique played the same instrument and was very, very, very, Outstanding.
The style is still used today as we speak. In closing remarks; sit back and enjoy and support our Student’s. Hopefully, what ever program
that you are affiliated with will try; yes I mean “TRY’ to get on this level of Perfection. See you in the Fall; 60,000 plus at every home game regardless of a stadium on the campus with New Turf. 🎶🎶🎶
I knew the current drum major was gonna be a 2-year head drum major his freshman year. That title is practically given if they like you.

Nothing is given at this Institution Of Higher Learning; Especially in a Leadership role of this Magnitude!
Politics are a big part of HBCU culture. I know women at JSU who wanted to pledge with near perfect GPAs, awesome resumes, and great character and didn't make the line. JSU is no different than most colleges ... politics matter, not always about hard work. Same with KKPsi and TBS, qualified people are kept off those lines due to politics. That young man is a great marketing tool for JSU and Da Boom so they practically gave him that title

That's my opinion, feel free to keep disagreeing.

TSUgraytiger your disparaging comments about another HBCU is showing that you are bitter about something. Jackson State University’s Drum Majors are the bonifide, talented, precision human machines that practice for years to reach the level of greatness that JSU requires. They can read and write music, perfect precision drills with the rest of the talented Boom. Don’t hate on our Brown skinned Soul Brother! At TheeILove, we turn Bitter into Better!

TSUgraytiger your disparaging comments about another HBCU is showing that you are bitter about something. Jackson State University’s Drum Majors are the bonifide, talented, precision human machines that practice for years to reach the level of greatness that JSU requires. They can read and write music, perfect precision drills with the rest of the talented Boom. Don’t hate on our Brown skinned Soul Brother! At TheeILove, we turn Bitter into Better!
Where did I leave a disparaging comment? Where did I say he wasn't talented? Talented people can have things handed to them or be shown favoritism over someone else who's equally hard-working and talented. Anytime I make an honest and fair observation about non-Black band members ya'll get all in ya'll feelings for no reason and get weird.

And why would I be bitter? You know how ridiculous you sound ... I support and appreciate all HBCU bands and always did ... go back and read my comments in this thread

TSUgraytiger said, “Politics are a big part of HBCU culture. I know women at JSU who wanted to pledge with near perfect GPAs, awesome resumes, and great character and didn't make the line. JSU is no different than most colleges ... politics matter, not always about hard work. Same with KKPsi and TBS, qualified people are kept off those lines due to politics. That young man is a great marketing tool for JSU and Da Boom so they practically gave him that title.”

That's my opinion, feel free to keep disagreeing.

Read what you wrote! As a TSU alumnus you should have spoken on what you know, TSU!!!! Leave JSU to Jacksonians! Your words were disparaging, baseless and unfortunate.

This Mississippi Marching Band is Famous for Its Electrifying Performances

Jackson State University’s Sonic Boom of the South marching band has delighting football fans—and beyond—since 1971.

Capture.PNG
Around these parts, college football is king, but in Jackson, Mississippi, another contender competes for the public's attention when fall rolls around each year. The Sonic Boom of the South, Jackson State University's marching band, is an award-winning program with a longstanding legacy of excellence. Last fall, the near-300-student marching band and Prancing J-Sette dance line celebrated 50 years under the name Sonic Boom with a rousing homecoming performance that brought back dozens of school alumni to take the field once again.

5. The Michigan Marching Band, Michigan

4. “Blue Band,” Penn State

3. “The Pride of Oklahoma,” Oklahoma

2. “Sonic Boom of the South,” Jackson State

OBC2021_Watsco_Header_BOTB_1800x1350px-1024x768.png

Denny's Orange Blossom Classic Battle of the Bands​

Date: Saturday, September 3, 2022
Location: Watsco Center, 1245 Dauer Dr, Coral Gables, FL 33146
Doors Open: 5:00pm
Start Time: 6:00pm

The Orange Blossom Classic Battle of the Bands is back with a remix of its own in an indoor multi-purpose arena on the grounds of University of Miami. For sure to be a showcase of talent from local high school bands from the tri-county area for the chance to receive the unanimous nod for the title of “Best Band in the Land”. Then brace yourself for an appearance from the mighty FAMU Marching 100s and the Jackson State Sonic Boom. The bands will thrill and entertain you as they set the stage in precision marching, musicianship, and the heritage of our HBCU Marching Bands. This battle is guaranteed to keep you on your feet, out of your seats, and get you hype for the big game during the Orange Blossom Classic weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back