Swac Basketball 1/22-1/24/22

Damn, from the U. Haha

This young fella can shoot. 8-15 from three last night with the last one from the U. Wow. He also is shooting 95% from FT. Kudos to this Madison grad.
He made quite a few 5-10+ feet from the 3pt stripe. He has serious range for sure. I was more impressed with our #3, not #10. He's from Mississippi and can straight ball, the total package. 😱😱😱👀💪🏿

#5, the lefty of Bama St also has that EXACT same type of long distance, accurate range.

SU is in the driver seat. I'm hoping my Tigers can pull thru.

Also I'm noticing the attendance looks lower than usual this time of year and no bands present. Our ADs need to take basketabll attendance more seriously and be more creative in filling those seats. This is where the MEAC usually out do us. Basketball to me is a more exciting (and safer) sport than football

I saw clips of the game on YouTube. Southern stay with a great men's basketball program ... they always play with heart and is a top team in the conference. I just wish some of the fanfare and pagentry we see with SU football goes to them ... they deserving.

SU is in the driver seat. I'm hoping my Tigers can pull thru.

Also I'm noticing the attendance looks lower than usual this time of year and no bands present. Our ADs need to take basketabll attendance more seriously and be more creative in filling those seats. This is where the MEAC usually out do us. Basketball to me is a more exciting (and safer) sport than football

Some MEAC schools but those areas Are basketball areas where football is not year around.

The same folks who show up for a rivalry game need to show up to all games and not let excuses get in the way

Some MEAC schools but those areas Are basketball areas where football is not year around.

The same folks who show up for a rivalry game need to show up to all games and not let excuses get in the way

Bingo. Tired of the excuses especially when our big games are usually on Saturday.

People can set aside $1,000+ for a weekend in NO but can't drive 2-3 to Grambling or Baton Rouge to even see Jackson State play? Monday games are understandable but Saturday games are no excuse. Half the conference can't even hit 1,000 people a game in conference

Bingo. Tired of the excuses especially when our big games are usually on Saturday.

People can set aside $1,000+ for a weekend in NO but can't drive 2-3 to Grambling or Baton Rouge to even see Jackson State play? Monday games are understandable but Saturday games are no excuse. Half the conference can't even hit 1,000 people a game in conference

Also some teams are playing too damn early - if your in Itta bena, grambling Anywhere it should be 5:30/7:30 on a Saturday night

Also some teams are playing too damn early - if your in Itta bena, grambling Anywhere it should be 5:30/7:30 on a Saturday night

I never understood why we moved up to 2 PM on Saturday but stayed at the regular time on Monday (which is good for me since I'm usually through with work before 5 PM)

School hasn’t started at SU yet. Wait until the next home weekend.
Yes, before the pandemic hit in 2019, SU was starting to see upwards of 3000 fans per home game. As you said, school doesn't start until January 26, 2021, and I think attendance will improve dramatically after that date..

Last edited:

...but they didn't.
Yes, that is what bothers me. They had control and the lead, but fell apart late in the game. It was a good game that I enjoyed watching, but not happy about the ending. The teams have to keep their stuff together, the entire game.

Yes, that is what bothers me. They had control and the lead, but fell apart late in the game. It was a good game that I enjoyed watching, but not happy about the ending. The teams have to keep their stuff together, the entire game.

Sometimes GIF

Both ASU teams were missing key players

Back