So now y'all mad because Juneteenth is a holiday

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Juneteenth marks the end of slavery in the South on June 19, 1865. After that date, slavery only continued in the North. Ball of confusion, Oh yeah, that's what the world is today.

Black folks, well black Texans have been celebrating Juneteenth for more than a 100 years. We don't need nor is the validation of white folks welcome.

Cee, I think black folks are just trying to keep the pressure on this administration.

I think folks are doing that.

However lets not get confused-who is REALLY going to benefit from this federal holiday??

Gee how many businesses will have a Juneteenth sale? How many Juneteenth movies are we going to get now?

How many folks will go unpaid because this holiday has them at home instead of work (like school janitors)?

In other words how much will white owned businesses benefit?

Technically, Confederate Memorial Day is still a state holiday in Texas. So is Texas Independence Day (which is just as problematic as it relates to Black folks)
I agree about Independence Day. I am not familiar with the other one.

The problem is y'all expect white people to be who they aren't. I mean when have white people ever been different from who they are? Just saying...... No matter how Pepe Le Pew tried to cover up his stripes and be a cat he was still just a stankin azz Skunk 🦨. Is you are, or is you ain't my baby....

The problem is y'all expect white people to be who they aren't. I mean when have white people ever been different from who they are? Just saying...... No matter how Pepe Le Pew tried to cover up his stripes and be a cat he was still just a stankin azz Skunk 🦨. Is you are, or is you ain't my baby....
Some Black folk will sell their soul to be tolerated by white folk. We crave their acceptance and will go to almost any length to get it.

The commwnts here hit it out the park. I cannot add anything new ofher than reading others' views gives me life to continue to fight to right the ship.

THANK YOU, KENDRICK!!! I am so sick of these symbolic gestures. Hell, where is the beef!!!
Ok. We have another holiday. Now what? Just my opinion folks.

What do you want that you can realistically get from the federal government?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back