ACC Schools play each other in a non-conference game, so whats wrong with the SWAC doing it.

Lewis

Peabody Warhorses
North Carolina and Wake Forest are long time rivals. They have met 107 times. Now they are in different divisions in the ACC. They decided to renew thier rivaly in a non conference game. No matter what some may say, once a team is a major rival, it is hard to replace or duplicate that to the fans. Esp when the schools are not far from each other.

UNC, Wake Forest to play non-conference football series

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
There’s nothing wrong with it. We haven’t played SU in a while I wish we did this season as a non conference game

You see this is a 2015 article and they are only doing it in 2019 & 2021, unlike what some Swac schools want to do every year. They are scheduled to play once every seven years and are good with it. The way the Swac should have it, you could play 4 out of every 5 years instead of this 8 out of 10 years.

Whats the problem?

You see this is a 2015 article and they are only doing it in 2019 & 2021, unlike what some Swac schools want to do every year. They are scheduled to play once every seven years and are good with it. The way the Swac should have it, you could play 4 out of every 5 years instead of this 8 out of 10 years.

Whats the problem?
in 2020 it is a conference game, so they are still playing each other.

You got SWAC schools going out of their way to schedule SWAC schools as non-conference opponents every year. These ACC schools are not doing that.

That's the difference.

"Hey I am not gonna go and give Central Arkansas or Abliene Christian a call about a home and home to help the conference SOS. Let me give my fellow lazy AD a call and play a "conference" game"

You got SWAC schools going out of their way to schedule SWAC schools as non-conference opponents every year. These ACC schools are not doing that.

That's the difference.

"Hey I am not gonna go and give Central Arkansas or Abliene Christian a call about a home and home to help the conference SOS. Let me give my fellow lazy AD a call and play a "conference" game"

Southern vs Jackson State will drawn 30,000 + every year, conference game or not. There is no on short of Clemson or Notre Dame that will draw that many people. There is no sense in Southern or Jackson State playing Langston or Edwin Waters instead. Alcorn is Southern next biggest draw. Now you have a very valid point if we are talking about Valley.

Whats the problem?
Additionally,
Southern vs Jackson State will drawn 30,000 + every year, conference game or not. There is no on short of Clemson or Notre Dame that will draw that many people. There is no sense in Southern or Jackson State playing Langston or Edwin Waters instead. Alcorn is Southern next biggest draw. Now you have a very valid point if we are talking about Valley.
But we ain't talking about SU vs. JSU. We are talking games like Grambling vs. AAMU (this year), Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State (in previous years). Those matchups aren't traditionally known for bringing in large crowds.

They got 14 teams in the conference hard to structure so some rivalries can stay in tact... we have ten... we shouldn’t be playing non conference games against in conference teams... simple... 8 game mandate two role on role off every 2 years swac... simple...

That's the difference.

You assume our schools don't call those schools to try to schedule games. The other school has to be willing as well.

wake and unc are 2 bottom dwelling football programs that no one cares about. they are desperate for wins and a crowd. if that's where your program is at well then, sounds like your type of crowd.

You assume our schools don't call those schools to try to schedule games. The other school has to be willing as well.
If you call Abliene Christian but that game will lose money but fif you call Grambling and that game will make money, then that is not the AD being lazy, it is them being responible. Football is pretty much there only time to make money and pay for everything else. Most HBCU crowds will come out for other HBCU schools that they know. For you to assume AD are "going out there way" is a big assumtion.

The proof is in the scheduling. Until they show otherwise, it's safe to assume they are being lazy especially if it is done by the same schools multiple years.

just because someone in the ACC is doing something does it make it okay for someone in the swac to do it

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
JSU will do what’s best for JSU as it relates to scheduling! Until there’s a massive division of funds like the P5’s have, then and only then will we allow the conference to dictate scheduling to us. This is not my opinion, this is fact!

Most HBCU crowds will come out for other HBCU schools that they know. For you to assume AD are "going out there way" is a big assumtion.

There isn't enough high level HBCU's for everyone to schedule like that every year. With the 8 game schedule you can easily find 3 other games.

We've had 5 SWAC vs Southland games this season so...

and how many swac vs swac non conference games are there scheduled?

There isn't enough high level HBCU's for everyone to schedule like that every year. With the 8 game schedule you can easily find 3 other games.

and how many swac vs swac non conference games are there scheduled?

GSU vs AAMU
GSU vs JSU

Back