PVAMU's University Square

I'm sure they won't have problems filling it. Enrollment will likely be well over 9000 this fall

No they probably won't have a problem filling it but it'll cost those that want to live in it. I question the duplication of amenities they have in it like the fitness center. There is a brand new recreation center on campus, why do you have to have another one.

I doubt enrollment goes well over 9000 this fall. There has been a stagnant enrollment for the last 6 years.

No they probably won't have a problem filling it but it'll cost those that want to live in it. I question the duplication of amenities they have in it like the fitness center. There is a brand new recreation center on campus, why do you have to have another one.

I doubt enrollment goes well over 9000 this fall. There has been a stagnant enrollment for the last 6 years.

You can't compare the two. Times have changed. Kids today and people in general are used to convenience, exclusivity, etc. Besides, aren't there fitness centers in the other complexes? Fitness centers in apartments are pretty standard these days.

And I believe this fall is the semester that enrollment goes over 9k( past the 12th class day). After the record freshman class last year, it seems this upcoming class will be as big or even bigger.

Early indications are that PV21 will be around 2200 students . We will see if it holds through the 12th class day.

Early indications are that PV21 will be around 2200 students . We will see if it holds through the 12th class day.

I expect PV20 to lose 300 along with PV19 losing 150 and PV18 losing 100.

Even with the new living quarters opening, they will still have a problem with housing like they always do in the fall semester.

According to PVAMU's orientation site, we are filling all the orientation dates, and now there is a waiting list. What is the maximum number of students that can attend orientation daily?

Freshman Orientation Dates

WAITLIST FORM - CLICK HERE

Friday, May 19th
Friday, June 16th (Full)
Friday, June 23rd (Full)
Friday, June 30th (Full)
Friday, August 4th (Full)

PV enrollment should be well over 9K .... why it isn't .... who knows.

The campus is beautiful, the programs are strong, and I think the future is bright with PV.

Maybe the new president can drive enrollment and retention to historic heights ....

PV enrollment should be well over 9K .... why it isn't .... who knows.

The campus is beautiful, the programs are strong, and I think the future is bright with PV.

Maybe the new president can drive enrollment and retention to historic heights ....

That's one of the main reasons we are looking for a new president.

Strolled by a few days ago. It's completed. Looks good but "funny" sitting in that one corner.

What type of construction is occurring immediately behind it? Cranes are staying on campus these last 5+ years. Wow. [side: the Welcome Center construction has already started] http://www.sc-arch.com/prairie-view-welcome-center

ResizeImage.aspx

Groundbreaking Ceremony for new Phase 9 Housing Community

Prairie View A&M University and American Campus Communities are celebrating the commencement of construction on the partnership’s newest on-campus student community. The Groundbreaking Ceremony will take place at University View, Monday, April 29, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.

The new community will provide specialized living environments centered on distinctive educational themes, creating a supportive environment conducive to academic achievement. Additionally, the project includes a central community center with social lounges, fitness center, and study space, as well as multiple courtyards with outdoor seating, movie lawn, barbecue grilling stations, hammock cabana, gaming stations and more.

Project Stats

• $37.5 million project cost
  • 540 student beds
  • 148 units
  • Delivering Fall 2020
  • Phase 9 of PVAMU-ACC partnership

Community Amenities

• 13 individual study rooms
  • Central courtyards
  • Fitness center
  • Barbecue grilling stations
  • Hammock cabana
  • Gaming stations

The Prairie View A&M University and American Campus Communities partnership has revitalized the university’s on-campus housing and provided students with a modern, state-of-the-art portfolio of student communities. With the addition of this project, the Prairie View A&M University-American Campus Communities partnership has spanned more than twenty years and yielded nearly 5,000 beds through nine phases of on-campus student housing development—resulting in a total development cost of more than $140 million.

Back