Refs Gave that Game to the Rams

Bottom line is the wrong team going to the super bowl. I bet, if the flag was thrown and my saints would've won, the rams wouldn't have had any problems with the flag being thrown. The rams know they got away with one.

I get missing calls but when they are 3 officials in the area and two players....the leads to questions about the officials. I’m all for “letting guys play” but some things need to be penalized.

When you have the head league ref call the head coach immediately after the game you know it was a piss poor officiated game.

Refs have certain areas to concentrate on and all don't follow the ball.

But here is your replay of that play in Madden and we got them to throw the flag.....

The ball was fumbled on the next play and the Rams ran it back.... LOL

I get missing calls but when they are 3 officials in the area and two players....the leads to questions about the officials. I’m all for “letting guys play” but some things need to be penalized.

When you have the head league ref call the head coach immediately after the game you know it was a piss poor officiated game.

You're not going to get good reasoning here...LOL The bottom line is that 1 call made the sole difference in the game and it looks like someone was paid off. Don't waste your time......You would be better off arguing Trump is the best president the world has ever seen....LOL

LMAO! shit happens. There were missed calls all 4 qtrs for both teams. It’s the same for every nfl game. Y’all ain’t special. Y’all just hurt.

All that “we duh Numma one Seed - home field advantage” celebrating for nothing. Where’d that get ya? A ticket to bourbon street.

Try again next year just like everybody else.

The NFL admitted it was not only PI but also helmet to helmet.

I just love how folks shrug off bad refereeing like the losing team isn't justified.

"They should have just stopped the other team two drives ago" sounds just as foolish and reckless as "she should have wore a longer skirt!" just not on the same dire scale.

Well guess what? They didn't. The bad referees still shouldn't have decided the outcome of the damn game

Bottom line is the wrong team going to the super bowl. I bet, if the flag was thrown and my saints would've won, the rams wouldn't have had any problems with the flag being thrown. The rams know they got away with one.

Robey-Coleman said in the post-game interview (he was in the locker room talking with some female reporter) that when he got back up from that PI and helmet-to-helmet, he was like, "Uh-oh, this is bad!" but when he got up and the ref told him, "You're good", he was like, "Oh wow! Ok!"

Whether it's high school, college, or professional, athletes (football in this case) put their bodies through some very, very strenuous and rigorous training. Weight lifting, condition training, work-outs, all necessary to take the hard hits and tackles that come with the game. They spend time training under the blazing sun, pouring rain, and play in the same weather conditions, PLUS cold and snow. They take hit after hit after hit, roughed up, blindsided, slammed into the ground; all this happening week after week after week for months. Not to mention the times professional players are out on the road, away from their families, every other week for months. All this, naturally, comes with football; it is the "necessary evil" that comes with the sport. And just like in every aspect in life, you win some, you lose some. But, to lose a game is one thing. It's another thing when the game is taken from you. It's a slap in the face, for any team, to spend hours and hours of training, practicing, attending camps, watching video, mentally and physically preparing yourself for the game, ONLY to have some person come and take the opportunity of victory away from you. Let's not forget the years it takes to get to the professional level, all the hopes, dreams, the prayers, the sacrifices parents made to ensure their child/children had the necessary equipment, pads, cleats for the game. To have that taken away from you because one person (who's also supposed to be a professional) fails to be honest and allow the game to run it's natural course is a slap in the face. It is very disheartening for the athletes, their families and fans and it can discourage them and the coaches.

I've heard, I've read people say, "if the Saints had taken care of business then...." or "if the Saints had done this in the so-and-so quarter". What happened up to those final minutes was the natural course of the game. None of us, however, can say whether or not the Saints would have won or lost because the opportunity that would naturally determine the rightful outcome was taken away from them. And that's what makes this, to me, so disheartening. Let the team play the game and let their play, not the officials, determine who wins or loses.

Thank God it's not up to me, because if it were, I'd do everything I could possibly do to make sure that official would never have the opportunity to do that to ANY football team ever again!

I just love how folks shrug off bad refereeing like the losing team isn't justified.

"They should have just stopped the other team two drives ago" sounds just as foolish and reckless as "she should have wore a longer skirt!" just not on the same dire scale.

Well guess what? They didn't. The bad referees still shouldn't have decided the outcome of the damn game

And there it is!

Y’all still whining about this call? The refs ain’t take shit from the Saints. All the coach had to do was run the ball three times and the game would’ve been over. Why you risk passing AT ALL after y’all got lucky when the DB should have intercepted that duck Brees threw up there, but got caught by Ginn? Sean Payton got too cute on that one.

And it wasn’t like the game ended on the non call. Y’all took the damn LEAD on a FG and then had a shot to stop the Rams on defense. Hell, y’all got the ball first in OT and could have ended the game there, too. Y’all STILL controlled y’all destiny. But noooooo. Y’all moaning and crying about a call that y’all had time to overcome. This wasn’t like last year when that TD against Minnesota ended the game and the Saints couldn’t do anything about it. Y’all make ONE defensive stop against the Rams and NOBODY is talking about no refs. But that didn’t happen. The easy way out is to blame the refs and want Roger to play the game over. Nah. Take the L and wait until next year.

You're not going to get good reasoning here...LOL The bottom line is that 1 call made the sole difference in the game and it looks like someone was paid off. Don't waste your time......You would be better off arguing Trump is the best president the world has ever seen....LOL

Great point JROCK; this is just like trying to get those Caucasoids at my job to admit their mistake in voting for the 45th president.

LMAO! shit happens. There were missed calls all 4 qtrs for both teams. It’s the same for every nfl game. Y’all ain’t special. Y’all just hurt.

50273956_2583969058284821_5165369536957906944_n.jpg

going clockwise starting w/ /goff. wasn't blatant. I couldn't tell what happened. should have been a flag. 2nd. he didn't step on his head. I thought he got his hand. he didn't. cooks did get face masked. they scored 1 play later. didn't affect the outcome at all. they didn't get the play off. should have been a flag. I wish they had thrown a flag as the pass was incomplete and they kicked a fg on the next down. didn't affect the outcome at all. so of the 4 plays you posted the only legit concern was the face mask on golf. rams ended up kicking a fg on that drive.

going clockwise starting w/ /goff. wasn't blatant. I couldn't tell what happened. should have been a flag. 2nd. he didn't step on his head. I thought he got his hand. he didn't. cooks did get face masked. they scored 1 play later. didn't affect the outcome at all. they didn't get the play off. should have been a flag. I wish they had thrown a flag as the pass was incomplete and they kicked a fg on the next down. didn't affect the outcome at all. so of the 4 plays you posted the only legit concern was the face mask on golf. rams ended up kicking a fg on that drive.

I knew he was gonna post that. A ref already stated that the 1st one with Goff wasn’t a face mask.

5BFADA4D-9F5B-41C7-8949-15DBD7956DE1.jpeg

What Fiyah is missing is that the no penalty against the Saints affected the outcome of the game.

What Fiyah is missing is that the no penalty against the Saints affected the outcome of the game.

How can anything else that wasn't called not affect the outcome of the game. For every action, there is a reaction that can change everything.

Moving the ball back 5 yards on the no delay of game call could change the kick. See how many extra points have been missed sinced they moved it back.

Your coach should have just ran the ball to get in position for the possible game winning winning FG with no time left on the clock. But no, he got greedy and tried to punch it in in those last few minutes. Your defense could have just stepped up and stopped the Rams from getting in position to kick their field goal to tie the game.

How can anything else that wasn't called not affect the outcome of the game. For every action, there is a reaction that can change everything.

Moving the ball back 5 yards on the no delay of game call could change the kick. See how many extra points have been missed sinced they moved it back.

Your coach should have just ran the ball to get in position for the possible game winning winning FG with no time left on the clock. But no, he got greedy and tried to punch it in in those last few minutes. Your defense could have just stepped up and stopped the Rams from getting in position to kick their field goal to tie the game.

Fiyah...stop trying to down grade the most embarrassing and poorly officiated call in NFL history.

NFL Films cameras caught Sean Payton telling Drew Brees during the 2-minute warning break that they were going to play for the touchdown. Payton said he didn’t want to run 55 seconds off the clock and kick a FG.

The Saints ran just 13 seconds off the clock and gained no yards after starting 1st and 10 from the Rams’ 13 with 1:58 left.

If they used 55 seconds and kicked, the Rams would have only been left with 1:03 in regulation to score. On its game-tying drive, it took LA 1-minute, 26 seconds before attempting the 48-yard FG.

By throwing two of the three plays, the Saints just butchered the clock and didn’t force LA to burn all of its timeouts.

Last edited:
Back