Embracing Your Priorities-September 2018

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello all, God's blessings to you!

According to the calendar, autumn (fall) will be here soon! I'm already seeing a few leaves starting to turn, while more fall from the trees. And the birds are perching on the lines, getting ready to head out. I usually take my cue from God's creation as to when the seasons are about to approach, so according to what I've been seeing, cooler weather is on the way.

Let us remember those in North Carolina and all places that have been hit by the hurricanes. Send your prayers, and if able, your treasures to bless someone in need. God will honor your sacrifice to help those in need and will reward your cheerful generosity.

Here is the EYP for September.

What’s in Your Heart?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. -Matthew 15 (KJV)

The Holy Bible stresses that what we say is an accurate indicator of what’s in our heart. Words out of the mouth start in the heart, and a bad heart leads to bad behavior. It’s from the heart we vomit up lies, profanity adultery, arguments, fornications, murders, and thefts.

What do YOUR words say about YOUR heart? Are there people who are hurting or have ever been hurt/angry/sad because of something you said? Do you criticize others? Do you enjoy gossip? Do you grumble and complain? 1 These behaviors come from a heart unlike God’s. Like He did with David, God seeks those who after His very own heart 2. A heart like God’s will produce pure and loving words.

Today, ask the Holy Spirit to discipline your mouth so that every word you speak is used to encourage, edify, and speak life! Remember, your words can hurt or heal…. WHAT WILL YOURS DO TODAY?

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

1James 3: 5-10 (KJV)

2 1 Samuel 13:14; 1 Samuel 16: 7,10; Acts 13: 21-23 (KJV)

Back