Southern University

This thread is incorrectly entitled. This is not a problem at Southern but also Grambling, McNeese, Nichols, Southeastern, Northwestern, and ULM. I get so sick of writers singling out schools.

Oh ok....still....all the schools are affected. I just don't want SU singled out. It's not fair.
It amazes me how some of these Grambling folks still stick up for southern when southern folks don't give a care about them. It's not like they can't speak up for themselves.

It amazes me how some of these Grambling folks still stick up for southern when southern folks don't give a care about them. It's not like they can't speak up for themselves.

If the information came from Southern and Southern is the one putting it out there on social media, where exactly are you getting that Southern folks don't give a care??? I guess in your little mind, Southern folks have to announce it on this message board to show that they care. It would seem like Grambling folks are the ones who don't care since we have yet to see anything come from Grambling concerning the cuts. Hint: Social media is more than this message board.

Now can you tell me how your school will keep the IHL Board from eliminating more degree programs due to low enrollment, which has nothing to do with the State of Mississippi having a budget crisis??? Having programs cut due to state budget deficit is one thing, but have programs cut due to mismanagement is another.

IHL approves to suspend some degree programs at 3 colleges
http://www.wjtv.com/news/metro/ihl-approves-to-suspend-some-degree-programs-at-3-colleges/1140987425

I thought Jindal was out of office.

Jindal would have allowed the cuts to happen without any special session. Governor John Bel Edwards is on his third special session attempt of trying to make these fools do right. In a way, what we are now seeing in Louisiana might be a good thing, because the state's legislative fools are pissing off some of their White supporters. Also, I was reading some of the comments about Louisiana property tax assessment and I do believe some poor Whites are finally understanding why they are so poor and it has a lot to do with state legislative dummies not reinvesting in the state. Giving tax breaks and freebies to big corporations is not working, which was Jindal's Reaganomics/trickle down theory on steroids. I guess when you finally realize how much Reaganomics can damage a state's economic, the only thing left is the opposite.

Rapides sheriff says Rep. Lance Harris 'dead set' on not funding necessary state programs
http://www.kalb.com/content/news/Ra...nding-necessary-state-programs-484971491.html

Last edited:
If the information came from Southern and Southern is the one putting it out there on social media, where exactly are you getting that Southern folks don't give a care??? I guess in your little mind, Southern folks have to announce it on this message board to show that they care. It would seem like Grambling folks are the ones who don't care since we have yet to see anything come from Grambling concerning the cuts. Hint: Social media is more than this message board.

Now can you tell me how your school will keep the IHL Board from eliminating more degree programs due to low enrollment, which has nothing to do with the State of Mississippi having a budget crisis??? Having programs cut due to state budget deficit is one thing, but have programs cut due to mismanagement is another.

IHL approves to suspend some degree programs at 3 colleges
http://www.wjtv.com/news/metro/ihl-approves-to-suspend-some-degree-programs-at-3-colleges/1140987425
You want to talk about cuts at JSU while your school is getting a 10 million dollar cut?! Your school's budget is dwindling and you're worried about JSU?!!
Heck, didn't you just recently post that JSU just got a major contract with NASA?
Those cut programs at JSU can always be added back in due time, but your school is only in it's first round of cuts worth millions.
In short, worry about southern. We got this at JSU. Our buildings and infrastructure's not crumbling and we're certainly not in the type of dire straits southern is in.
Ten million dollars?! And I thought Jindal was out of office.

You want to talk about cuts at JSU while your school is getting a 10 million dollar cut?! Your school's budget is dwindling and you're worried about JSU?!!
Heck, didn't you just recently post that JSU just got a major contract with NASA?
Those cut programs at JSU can always be added back in due time, but your school is only in it's first round of cuts worth millions.
In short, worry about southern. We got this at JSU. Our buildings and infrastructure's not crumbling and we're certainly not in the type of dire straits southern is in.

Dude go play in traffic and take your own advice. You read up more on SU than you do your own school and your mangina gets moist every time you see Southern. Get a life.

Dude go play in traffic and take your own advice. You read up more on SU than you do your own school and your mangina gets moist every time you see Southern. Get a life.
Wrong. I read what Fiyah posted and am questioning it just like he did. Next....

Go tell someone else that poopoo ca ca you are spewing because it only seems like you want to argue without any substance. The IHL Board is not adding back crap with the mismanagement that has happened at JSU in recent years. Most likely they will cut more until they are satisfied and no telling when that would happen.

He or she has gone beyond the moist point. He or she is in the super saturated state when it comes to Southern.

Jayrob sounds like one of those handkerchief heads mid-Atlantic folks in the MEAC or CIAA when it comes to the State of Louisiana, Jindal, and Southern.

Hey dudes or dudettes...let's stay on point. southern is facing cuts again. JayRob didn't start this thread but he shole can and WILL comment on it just like yall comment on other schools.

He jayrob, since u r so concerned, they passed a bill to reduce TOPS, but not as much as initially expected. The reduction is like 10% or $29.5 million across the board, which means each school might see approximately a $2 to $3 million dollar reduction in their TOPS program, instead of the $10 million SU was expecting. TOPS are monies for students who scored high on their ACT exam. If a student scores real high on their ACT exam, like a 36, their tuition is fully covered for any school in the State of Louisiana. Hope this bit of information helps you understand Louisiana politics a little better, which is still controlled by Republicans.

https://www.nola.com/politics/index..._pla.html#incart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news

@JayRob

Dude, you need to be addressing that to the person who asked the original question of this thread.

Deal brokered: Louisiana House advances sales tax bill; here are next steps

After years of special sessions and temporary budget patches, the Louisiana Legislature appears to be on track to shore up the state's finances through at least 2025, with the House passage Friday of a sales tax deal that has eluded the chamber in two prior special sessions this year.

But under the proposal as it currently stands, the popular Taylor Opportunity Program for Students scholarships are fully-funded, as are college and university campuses, Go Grants, food stamps, district attorneys and aid to private and parochial schools.

The House passed the Tax Bill to avoid the fiscal cliff, now we just need the Senate to not be stupid.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_8424e9a0-7630-11e8-9da8-67b9c39c5df5.html

Back