UAPB to get upgrades at their stadiums

Sorry but you guys are playing football in an orange soccer stadium. You guys have to do better with football or continue to be a cellar dweller. Congratulations on your baseball team success!

ROTFL Frat you mean lmao

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You must be inebriated if you don't think those stadium improvements in the SWAC West aren't good. Don't hate congratulate and try to get some! LOL Seriously, you guys need some hard hats, shiny shovels, land with a ribbon and scissors to get your own. No need to get hotter than fish grease just join the party!......LOL (Pardon the SWAC West Progress)
I don't drink.

With the current state of professional and college football (all the way down to Pop Warner) it's smart not to spend millions on a football stadium.

We should just continue to rent like we do our baseball field and kick the west including southern and the east's ass.

The main question is will southern under Odums win another championship or will Odums run to NCCU after the season. Under Chennis Berry I don’t see that happening especially how that offense consistently choke in the Bayou Classic yearly. But that’s my two cents, will y’all win another ship or will this be the year to end the Odums era

The main question is will southern under Odums win another championship or will Odums run to NCCU after the season. Under Chennis Berry I don’t see that happening especially how that offense consistently choke in the Bayou Classic yearly. But that’s my two cents, will y’all win another ship or will this be the year to end the Odums era

Wrong thread

Mind ya business

Glad to see Rice Totten West improving for our visit next year lol

John 8:44 (see below after reading the Scripture):

UAPB Golden Lion Stadium: built/opened 2000
UAPB/MVSU series match-ups since 2000: 13-5
UAPB Golden Lions wins since 2000 (GLS:RTS = 6:7)
UAPB Golden Lions losses since 2000 (GLS:RTS =2:1)

September 2, 2000 (Itta Bena, MS@ Rice-Totten Stadium)
UAPB 40
MVSU 7

September 1, 2001 (Pine Bluff, AR @ Golden Lion Stadium)
UAPB 19
MVSU 9

September 7, 2002 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 36
MVSU 30

September 6, 2003 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 27
MVSU 7

September 4, 2004 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 49
MVSU 14

September 3, 2005*
UAPB 17
MVSU 30

September 2, 2006*
UAPB 0
MVSU 10

September 1, 2007 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 9
MVSU 16

November 15, 2008 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 34
MVSU 0

September 19, 2009 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 27
MVSU 7

November 6, 2010 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 49
MVSU 20

November 12, 2011 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 15
MVSU 3

October 27, 2012 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 10
MVSU 0

October 26, 2013 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 38
MVSU 18

November 1, 2014 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 24
MVSU 14

November 21, 2015 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 25
MVSU 19
(OT)

November 5, 2016 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 7
MVSU 41

October 7, 2017 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 31
MVSU 38

October 20, 2018 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB ?
MVSU ?

*2005 & 2006 games were played at neutral site (Chicago, IL)

:cool::)

Hopefully they will be finished by the beginning of the season. A lot of work is left to be done and they haven't even finished taking the old field off.

John 8:44 (see below after reading the Scripture):

UAPB Golden Lion Stadium: built/opened 2000
UAPB/MVSU series match-ups since 2000: 13-5
UAPB Golden Lions wins since 2000 (GLS:RTS = 6:7)
UAPB Golden Lions losses since 2000 (GLS:RTS =2:1)

September 2, 2000 (Itta Bena, MS@ Rice-Totten Stadium)
UAPB 40
MVSU 7

September 1, 2001 (Pine Bluff, AR @ Golden Lion Stadium)
UAPB 19
MVSU 9

September 7, 2002 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 36
MVSU 30

September 6, 2003 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 27
MVSU 7

September 4, 2004 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 49
MVSU 14

September 3, 2005*
UAPB 17
MVSU 30

September 2, 2006*
UAPB 0
MVSU 10

September 1, 2007 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 9
MVSU 16

November 15, 2008 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 34
MVSU 0

September 19, 2009 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 27
MVSU 7

November 6, 2010 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 49
MVSU 20

November 12, 2011 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 15
MVSU 3

October 27, 2012 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 10
MVSU 0

October 26, 2013 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 38
MVSU 18

November 1, 2014 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 24
MVSU 14

November 21, 2015 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB 25
MVSU 19
(OT)

November 5, 2016 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 7
MVSU 41

October 7, 2017 (Pine Bluff, AR @ GLS)
UAPB 31
MVSU 38

October 20, 2018 (Itta Bena, MS @ RTS)
UAPB ?
MVSU ?

*2005 & 2006 games were played at neutral site (Chicago, IL)

:cool::)

UAPB got a winning streak in the series. Then Valley got one. UAPB got another one. The last 6 games have included one blowout for each school but the games have been competitive. I have been to UAPB the last two years and we brought energy to that stadium. This is a current UAPB student (plus I talked to some over there who agree with her)

UAPB got a winning streak in the series. Then Valley got one. UAPB got another one. The last 6 games have included one blowout for each school but the games have been competitive. I have been to UAPB the last two years and we brought energy to that stadium. This is a current UAPB student (plus I talked to some over there who agree with her)

My bad 662. When I read the comment "Rice Totten West" I thought you were (hilariously) implying that Valley "owns" us and has "claimed" our stadium. That's why I posted the series matchups between the 2 schools starting with 2000 because that's the year our stadium was built and opened. I didn't know you were talking about the last 2 games.

I've been to every UAPB/MVSU game since 1990. I admit the 2016 game at home against Valley was lackluster. I think we were all just tired of seeing our team lose and just didn't care. But that 2017 game.......I beg to differ. Valley's victory had absolutely NOTHING to do with the stadium atmosphere. That QB was just crazy good! And ya'lls defense was on point. But everyone's got an opinion.

Hopefully they will be finished by the beginning of the season. A lot of work is left to be done and they haven't even finished taking the old field off.

We started in August and finished by the first game.... they have plenty of time.... For some reason I’m not sure why Grambling took so long.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ok....I just left a highly Holy Spirit high-jacked Worship service, polished off with more worship and praise in my car on my way home (I WAS GOIN’ IN!!) and when I’m released from my HS high, I log on here and see my stadium!

:)

Last edited:
That is wonderfully super nice!!!! All SWAC schools have upgraded, correct?

All schools don't have or use field turf type fields but have somewhat did some type of stadium upgrade in the last 10 years.

Alabama State - New stadium
Alcorn State - New scoreboard
Alabama A&M - New track and turf
Jackson St - Scoreboard upgrade
Miss Valley - New stands
Grambling - New turf & scoreboard
Prairie View A&M - New stadium
Southern - New Turf
Tx Southern - New Stadium to use
UAPB - New turf & scoreboard

All schools don't have or use field turf type fields but have somewhat did some type of stadium upgrade in the last 10 years.

Alabama State - New stadium
Alcorn State - New scoreboard
Alabama A&M - New track and turf
Jackson St - Scoreboard upgrade
Miss Valley - New stands
Grambling - New turf & scoreboard
Prairie View A&M - New stadium
Southern - New Turf
Tx Southern - New Stadium to use
UAPB - New turf & scoreboard

I hope a few can see my insight but that could also be a selling point to potential recruits, the ability to play and participate in upgraded facilities of conference opponents. If I were recruiting, my pitch would be something like this.... show a potential recruit a pic/video of a packed out AW Mumford stadium and tell the recruit... "we need you son. WE NEED YOU BADLY. To go into that hostile atmosphere of 50,000 Jags waving voodoo laced chicken feet at us AND their superior student-athletes running up and down our spines at will. We haven't defeated Southern U since 1957. :( You are that missing piece! WE NEED YOU!!!!! And, WE WANT YOU!!! Help us to defeat Southern University at their place AND at our fine place." :D

Back