Embracing Your Priorities: June 2018

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone! God's blessings to you.

Today is the first day of June; we've entered into the month that is last one of the first half of this year! To God be all glory, honor, praise, and thanks! It's already hot here in Little Rock, and it's not officially summer yet, but I'm thankful to God that the weather reflects the season.

I posted the EYP for May. I hope you take time to read it, along with June's. For June, I wanted to focus/re-focus on the importance of knowing God's word for yourself. We read or hear or see too many so-called pastors and priests and preachers teaching false gospel and doing/saying/living things contrary of their "calling". I cannot stress enough the importance of knowing the Holy Bible for yourself. I cannot stress the importance of placing your faith and trust in God and NOT man! The only way to set yourself apart from false teachers is to know God and His word.

"ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"-2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)​

Here is the "Embracing Your Priorities" for June

Spiritual Predators (otherwise known as False Teachers)

As horrific, disgusting, and disturbing are things we witness/hear/see regarding false teachers, sadly none of us should be surprised by it. It’s reiterated throughout the Holy Bible; one verse below is an example:

4Take heed that NO man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, ‘I am Christ’ and shall deceive many….11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many…….23Then if ANY man shall say unto you, ‘Lo, here is Christ, or there’ believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders, insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before!”-Matthew 24 (KJV)

Correct and sound doctrine is key to salvation and growth in spiritual maturity in the life of Christians (babes in Christ or seasoned). This is the very reason why God warns us numerous times in Scripture to be alert of false teachings (Jeremiah 14, Matthew 24 are a few examples). We (Christians) need to be able to recognize false “prophets” so we’ll know when we’re being led down a path GOD did not intend! So, the issue IS NOT about there being false prophets; the issue is HOW DO YOU RECOGNIZE ONE?

The word of God is true. It is powerful. It is sharp and cuts so deep, down to not only the bone and marrow, but to the soul and spirit. Knowing God’s word, writing it on your heart, meditating on it, dwelling in it is the only way to know when you are being misled. Contrary to popular belief, Christians DO NOT know the entire Bible, nor are we expected to know the full mysteries of God’s word. But we are required to study God’s word that we may show ourselves approved of/to Him (2 Timothy 2:15). And it does not matter how much or how little you know; STAND ON WHAT YOU DO KNOW! If you don’t know it by heart, don’t be discouraged:

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you”-John 14 (KJV)

John 14:26 brings me to my next point: The Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit). The Helper, the Comforter, the Advocate, the Intercessor, the Counselor, the Strengthener, the Standby (John 15:26-AMP). The very spirit of God Himself. One of the most powerful resources we (Christians) have and yet the most least used whenever we truly need it. Our spiritual discernment (perception with spiritual orientation and understanding that allows the ability and power to distinguish good from evil) comes from the Holy Spirit. He is with us DAILY, everywhere we go, and He is the one who guides us, ordering our steps AND our stops! He is the One that alerts us to false teachers by bringing God’s word to the forefront of our minds. He is the power that raised Jesus from the grave and that same power lives in us. We (Christians) need only to tap in to that power.

So, yes, false teachers are rampant in the church. No surprise. God has consequences for them (Deuteronomy 18, Jeremiah 26, Ezekiel 13, Galatians 1). So many people easily fall prey to these false teachers; again, no surprise. And, again, while God does have consequences for these “spiritual predators”, those weak in the Word and faith too will suffer consequences. The only way to successfully combat these predators is know the Word of God. It’s what Jesus used when Satan tried to tempt Him. You must know God’s word for yourself, so when the false teachers and spiritual predators do come, you will have the proper weapons (God’s word and the aid of His Spirit) to successfully defeat them. And it can never hurt to pray. When you pray, you’re less likely to become prey.

May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and be blessed!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back