HBCU Basketball: 1/20 - 1/22

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Pine Bluff has a lot of talent. They have shooters and nice post players. Our guys put up a valiant effort.

You can not foul the shooter on that play. If he misses the shot we win, if he makes it overtime. We really do not want the referees to start calling the push off.

This crew closed their ears and had thick skin. A lot of refs. Would have tech Davis at least 3 times. The refs. calls were consistent.

Referees did not lose this game for us.

Pine Bluff has a lot of talent. They have shooters and nice post players. Our guys put up a valiant effort.

You can not foul the shooter on that play. If he misses the shot we win, if he makes it overtime. We really do not want the referees to start calling the push off.

This crew closed their ears and had thick skin. A lot of refs. Would have tech Davis at least 3 times. The refs. calls were consistent.

Referees did not lose this game for us.

Exactly. But what you said is why I have an issue with the technical when it was called. You can't have thick skin all night, then make that call with 2.8 left on the clock.

At what point is enough, enough. Perhaps it was a signal, to show a little respect. You are in a position of authority and doubt seriously if you would allow anyone to talk to you like that.

Ref’S are human.

Very good, entertaining game. i will take this referee crew anyday. this could be a preview of swac tourney finals. i hope coach dont get cold feet and bring trae back. let this team gel and we will be alright. i like our new point guard. once he gets his feet on the ground he will distribute the ball well. i like PB team. they are solid. deserved to win game. we tried to steal it at the end.

I counted at least 12 missed free throws in the first half alone.

Then that steal by Jerry Perry and the missed lay up. SMH

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I didn't see the game, just heard the biased broadcast. lol But a game should never come down to the last play to win, things like this will happen. Great shot by McKnight and great win for my Golden Lions! Finally have something to brag about besides baseball.

And, Why were there so many fights in the stands?

I didn't see the game, just heard the biased broadcast. lol But a game should never come down to the last play to win, things like this will happen. Great shot by McKnight and great win for my Golden Lions! Finally have something to brag about besides baseball.

Fights? The video of the last minute are in those SWAC groups on facebook.

Two youngins got into a hugging match and fell to the ground. TSU PD got on top of it quickly.

That's how their basketball broadcasts are.. Never fails.

That's how their basketball broadcasts are.. Never fails.
Now Fred, nobody's broadcasts are anymore biased than JSU. I watched/listened to Sammy West (sTu alum) and the play-by-play guy and I was like MAN.....SMH

I don't have an issue with the home team broadcasts being a little biased...after all they work for the schools/teams. Now if the broadcast was the SCG/SWAC Tournament final and they were broadcasting for the entire conference I would expect a none biased broadcast.

What school or for that matter even pro team doesn't have a biased broadcast? Besides, you all know Chatter-box has been with us a long time so their is no shame in his homerism game.....lol.

Last edited:
Now Fred, nobody's broadcasts are anymore biased than JSU. I watched/listened to Sammy West (sTu alum) and the play-by-play guy and I was like MAN.....SMH

I don't have an issue with the home team broadcasts being a little biased...after all they work for the schools/teams. Now if the broadcast was the SCG/SWAC Tournament final and they were broadcasting for the entire conference I would expect a none biased broadcast.

LOL.. JSU is not in this. I am just letting them know that I agree with their analysis. No harm.

Back