RESET in 2017: August

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone! IT IS THE LAST DAY OF AUGUST!:) We certainly give thanks to God for allowing us to see 8 months of this year, and I'm especially thankful to enter into the 9th month (tomorrow is my oldest daughter's 24th birthday). To God be the glory!

I didn't forget the RESET for August. I'm always seeking God's answer when it comes to a word to share with others, and He has supplied me with so much. But for some reason, I wanted to wait until the very last day to share. I now realize that the wait was to simply reflect on all that's happened over the past few weeks, all that's going on in this country and around the world, and remember that God is so very awesome and He is truly worthy to be praised!

Now, here is the RESET for August.

9And recognizing the grace that God had bestowed on me, James, Cephas (Peter), and John, who were reputed to be pillars of the Jerusalem church, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we could go the Gentiles (with their blessing) and they to the circumcised (Jews). 10They asked only one thing: that we remember the poor, the very thing I was also eager to do.

11Now when Cephas (Peter) came to Antioch, I opposed him face-to-face about his conduct there, because he stood condemned by his own actions. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when the men (from Jerusalem) arrived, he began to withdraw and separate himself from the Gentile believers, because he was afraid of those from the circumcision. 13The rest of the Jews joined him in this hypocrisy, (ignoring their knowledge that Jewish and Gentile Christians were united, under one covenant, into one faith) with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14But when I saw that they were not being straightforward about the truth of the Gospel, I told Cephas (Peter) in front of everyone, “If you, being a Jew, live as you have been living like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how is it that you are now forcing the Gentiles to live like Jews?” 15We are Jews by birth and not sinners from among the Gentiles; 16yet we know that a man is not placed in right standing with God by the works of the Law, but only through faith in Christ Jesus. And even we (as Jews) have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified in faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law. By observing the Law no one will ever be declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty. - Galatians 2: 9-16 (Amplified Bible)

As ambassadors of Christ, we (Christians and/or Believers) have been called to witness and teach/reach souls in the hope of their repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ. This requires us to live our lives in accordance to Him that we witness. When we live our lives in alignment with Jesus’ and His commandments, others will see the grace that God has bestowed upon us. We will be effective in what we are called to do and be successful in achieving the goal set before us…. IF we truly understand the this grace that has been bestowed upon us. If you don’t understand the grace that is for you, the grace that is in you, the grace that is through you, you’ll forever be manipulated by the moment. If you don’t know the grace that is for you, the grace that is in you, the grace that is through you, you’ll be influenced by the very people you were sent to influence.

Remember: “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom. And with all thy getting, GET UNDERSTANDING!”-Proverbs 4:7 (KJV)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Thank you for sharing such a profound message... We need God each and everyday of our lives... Thank you God for allowing Your Son Jesus to be our intercessory.

Back