TSU Closing the gap in athletics

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. This is nothing more than off season bravado. Once that 1 in every 10 year player Griffin left, the real sTu surfaced. We are talking perennial doormat here.....again, don't shoot the messenger!

I ain't drinking it dude, I just know what Haywood is about. Folks around here really don't know much about his recruiting style and field coaching abilities, but I do. Don't let last year's record fool you, sTu could have "easily" won 8 games in his first year. You are going to see with your own eyes just how much of a factor those guys are going to be under his direction. Until he gets a bigger offer, sTu will be officially relevant starting this season.

I ain't drinking it dude, I just know what Haywood is about. Folks around here really don't know much about his recruiting style and field coaching abilities, but I do. Don't let last year's record fool you, sTu could have "easily" won 8 games in his first year. You are going to see with your own eyes just how much of a factor those guys are going to be under his direction. Until he gets a bigger offer, sTu will be officially relevant starting this season.

Okay....Stay Tuned...lol

1. Texas kids worth anything in football stay away from there like the plague...don't shoot the messenger..
  2. So don't bother, Texas kid chose TSU ain't worth anything.

Dennis Franchone is the hire that ignited TCU football.
Gary Patterson was the one that pushed them up to the next level. I know what Franchione did, but they were in the WAC. Patterson finished the job and eventually got them to the Big 12.

Last edited:
You caught that too? That's why I didn't reply. It was obvious the conversation was no at an equal level of knowledge. So, I just let it go.
Franchione did some good things at TCU during his brief stop, but Patterson put in work staying for the long haul. Dude has been the TCU head coach since 2000 and was Franchione's DC at TCU before that. Pretty obvious that Patterson had a major hand in their success. Franchione was there for 3 seasons and left in 2000, Patterson got TCU to the BCS bowl games in 2009.

Franchione did some good things at TCU during his brief stop, but Patterson put in work staying for the long haul. Dude has been the TCU head coach since 2000 and was Franchione's DC at TCU before that. Pretty obvious that Patterson had a major hand in their success. Franchione was there for 3 seasons and left in 2000, Patterson got TCU to the BCS bowl games in 2009.
Franchione left to take the Alabama Job. That is how well he did at TCU.

Franchione left to take the Alabama Job. That is how well he did at TCU.
ETT, logic is lost on some of these people.

Patterson put in work staying for the long haul. Dude has been the TCU head coach since 2000 and was Franchione's DC at TCU before that.

Don't forget Patterson was an unknown and had NO, None, Not a day of Head Coaching experience when he took over at TCU. Patterson was a Franchione guy and had followed along with Fran on his previous 3 HC stops. So please know without Franchione, Patterson would have never been HC at TCU.

When Bama offered Fran that pay day he couldn't refuse and paid TCU to release Fran from the final year of his contract. Fran told the administration at TCU it was a Win/Win for them because they had their guy already on staff in Patterson.

Please stop pulling comments out of your azz because they stink and really make you look foolish.

ETT, logic is lost on some of these people.

Don't forget Patterson was an unknown and had NO, None, Not a day of Head Coaching experience when he took over at TCU. Patterson was a Franchione guy and had followed along with Fran on his previous 3 HC stops. So please know without Franchione, Patterson would have never been HC at TCU.

When Bama offered Fran that pay day he couldn't refuse and paid TCU to release Fran from the final year of his contract. Fran told the administration at TCU it was a Win/Win for them because they had their guy already on staff in Patterson.

Please stop pulling comments out of your azz because they stink and really make you look foolish.
You are making yourself looking foolish by resorting to name-calling and insults because someone shares a different opinion about the topic. Nowhere in my comments do you see me bashing you or East Tex Tiger, yet here you are being very rude and disrespectful over a different opinion.

You are making yourself looking foolish by resorting to name-calling and insults because someone shares a different opinion about the topic. Nowhere in my comments do you see me bashing you or East Tex Tiger, yet here you are being very rude and disrespectful over a different opinion.

Their was No difference in opinion you were wrong. You made up something to say and you were wrong. Saying "your comments make you appear foolish" is not name calling. It pointing out you are commenting on something you really know nothing about.

Yall young people are so use to being given everything and coddled, when you get called out on your bs you want to get emotional, fall apart and play victim.

This board was once such a fun & entertaining place.

Their was No difference in opinion you were wrong. You made up something to say and you were wrong. Saying "your comments make you appear foolish" is not name calling. It pointing out you are commenting on something you really know nothing about.

Yall young people are so use to being given everything and coddled, when you get called out on your bs you want to get emotional, fall apart and play victim.

This board was once such a fun & entertaining place.

birdman-breakfast-club-is-u-finished-or-is-you-done.jpg

Now back to the original topic, if Haywood stays long-term at TXSU he might be able to make them into a yearly title contender. At one point I thought Davis would eventually leave for a bigger school once he started having a ton of success, but he appears happy to stay for the rest of his career. Haywood may feel the same way.

Now back to the original topic, if Haywood stays long-term at TXSU he might be able to make them into a yearly title contender. At one point I thought Davis would eventually leave for a bigger school once he started having a ton of success, but he appears happy to stay for the rest of his career. Haywood may feel the same way.

You may be on to something.

Good point, but I don't think that will be the case for Haywood. Davis had his shot. Haywood messed up before he got his shot at a P5. He is going to use this sTu opportunity to get his name back into the FBS mix.

Back