Confederate monuments taken down in NOLA. They mad.

chocalate_topaz

I wanna be your lover...
GLAD they are taking this BS down. Did a NOLA Hidden History Tour. Dude explained all this to us. So glad it came to pass. Look him up. He knows plenty: http://www.hiddenhistory.us/
They threatened the first contractor and vandalized his property. These folks wore black with ski masks on their faces so they could not be Id'ed.

New Orleans Begins Removing Statues Commemorating the Confederacy
New Orleans on Monday began removing four statues dedicated to the era of the Confederacy, capping a prolonged battle about the future of the memorials, which critics deemed symbols of racism and intolerance and which supporters viewed as historically important.

Workers dismantled an obelisk, which was dedicated to the Battle of Liberty Place and was erected to honor members of the “Crescent City White League” who in 1874 fought against the racially integrated New Orleans police and state militia, Mayor Mitch Landrieu said in a statement.

The workers were dressed in flak jackets, helmets and scarves to conceal their identities because of concerns about their safety, The Associated Press reported.

Pieces of the monument were put on a truck and hauled away.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/us/new-orleans-confederate-statue.html?_r=0

Some folks on my facebook feed from back home mad as well.

On your facebook feed? Oh my....

How do you all tolerate interfacing w/ people who interface w/ people like those? I've grown into a certain "type," as I elder. My tolerance is decent but... there is a stopping point. April is some type of confederate whoopty-doo and naturally these people in texas are paying homage to their ancestry, which I agree they should. My thing is, don't EXPECT me or MY KIND to have that same level of homerism about you or your ancestor's past because my view of them differs 360 degrees from the esteem you give them and most definitely do NOT EXPECT me to stand idly if you're putting that shit out in public for all to have access to, like you. If otherwise, we need to erect some Dr King's, brother Malcolm's, brother Evers, et al statutes/homage about this piece - ie, equality.

This is why I'm not on Facebook. Lol I would cuss out all the Peck pecks. Lol
I wrote out a comment on one person page today and deleted it. I said they throw them in the bottom of the Mississippi and anyone who wants to see them can just go down there too.

On your facebook feed? Oh my....

How do you all tolerate interfacing w/ people who interface w/ people like those? I've grown into a certain "type," as I elder. My tolerance is decent but... there is a stopping point. April is some type of confederate whoopty-doo and naturally these people in texas are paying homage to their ancestry, which I agree they should. My thing is, don't EXPECT me or MY KIND to have that same level of homerism about you or your ancestor's past because my view of them differs 360 degrees from the esteem you give them and most definitely do NOT EXPECT me to stand idly if you're putting that shit out in public for all to have access to, like you. If otherwise, we need to erect some Dr King's, brother Malcolm's, brother Evers, et al statutes/homage about this piece - ie, equality.
I keep them follks on my page so I never lose sight of real America... A lot of peeps in DC lose touch with reality.

The monuments never should have been erected in the first place. Erecting the monuments definitely wasn't for Black people's benefit. The monuments represent individuals who were leaders of a conquered nation (Confederate States of America), anti-USA, and who wanted to maintain the institution of slavery. I've never heard of a conquered nation been able to erect monuments in honor of their conquered leaders.

Also, there are organizations, such as the Daughters of the Confederacy who spend more money on monuments and trees that benefit no one. I realized this when I lived in Virginia. In Lynchburg, VA there is a street (5th Street) with a row of trees with their top middle section trimmed out for power line clearance. Later I learned that the trees represented some fallen confederate soldier and the power company (AEP) where made to trim out only the middle section of the trees instead of completely topping them. Now if a tree fall in either direction, it still would damage the power line, which benefits no one. Ironically, 5th Street is a street that was once lined with Black businesses in Lynchburg VA. A few still exist, such as the two Black funeral homes (Community and Franklin-Hutcherson Funeral Homes).

Also, I'm sure there are White racist organizations that use such monuments as a mean of performing their secret rituals, especially when they initiate new members, which is very similar to other organizations, such as Greek Letter organizations and the Masons. IMO, all cities with a majority Black population should remove these monuments. If they want to practice their racist beliefs, they should do it somewhere else, preferably in another country.

Below is a Facebook video of them preparing to take down Jefferson Davis monument in New Orleans. Notice there's some young White fool riding a bicycle holding a flag, which tells me racist White organizations still practice and teach their children their racist past.

All 30 celebrating in HSV

-929fcff4080e2695.jpg

There are a few countries in South America where confederates fled after the civil war and established a culture of confederate history by erecting some monuments

The pics in this article look like it would be in Costa Rica(one of the countries where confeds fled)....maybe its the palm trees and gloomy skies coupled with the old architecture of New Orleans.

Back