Devon Gales update??

Former Southern football player Devon Gales was paralyzed in a game at the University of Georgia last season, and Georgia played a large role in taking care of Gales after the fact.

Tragedy struck the Gales family again this week, and the University of Georgia was once again there to help.

According to a report from the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Gales family home was one of thousands in Baton Rouge to be affected by the historic flooding in the capitol city. On Sunday, Georgia director of player wellness Bryan Gantt flew Gales and his family to Atlanta and picked them up from the airport.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...bc88-ef013665333a.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

My thing is, they had Les Miles all on TV but we did not see Dawson Odums. Our CB Coach had to be rescued from his house, 2 of our Band Directors lost a lot during the flood. Yet we see nobody talk to SU about the situation. It's crazy that BR has 2 Major Universities. Just when it comes to disaster, only one gets the attention.

My thing is, they had Les Miles all on TV but we did not see Dawson Odums. Our CB Coach had to be rescued from his house, 2 of our Band Directors lost a lot during the flood. Yet we see nobody talk to SU about the situation. It's crazy that BR has 2 Major Universities. Just when it comes to disaster, only one gets the attention.

Why are you so surprised? Willie Lynch Syndrome is also extruded through other Blacks.

The White Man's ways and methods are considered more superior and efficient.....even when a Black Man can do a better job. I got attacked by some in the Jaguar Nation when I brought up the fact was SU itself was also doing things for the Gales Family. They got hot because I said bring out what SU is doing more than UGA.

Man, I hate to say this and think about what I'm about to say; Devon got injured at the right game!

Had he got injured at any SWAC or even Southland Conference game there's no way in hell he would have gotten this kind of love/financial support from an opposing team's university and fan base.

MrSUJag_1526Member
New

If we had their power for the last 500 years in these United States do you think we would easily give it up? They make the decisions for things they own. We make the decision for things we own. So ............

And of course they painted UGA to be the white knight and savior of the day. Only mentioned SU once and no SU apparel was present.

Would have been cool to see Gales, his parents or anything in his hospital room in columbia blue and gold.

And of course they painted UGA to be the white knight and savior of the day. Only mentioned SU once and no SU apparel was present.

Would have been cool to see Gales, his parents or anything in his hospital room in columbia blue and gold.

You damn near didn't know he played for SU except for the first min and a half. No SU gear when they were showing the hospital at all.

Great update on his status. Prayers are still with him and his family.

They could have at least mentioned the Bayou Classic.

This is why I try to encourage my students and players to got HBCUs. These PWCs dont care about you. Speak up about injustice and they will call you every name in the book.

Back