SWAC Announces 2021 Football Postseason Honors

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced its 2021 Football Postseason Honors on Monday morning. The all-conference teams and individual award winners were voted on by the league’s head coaches and sports information directors.

Alabama A&M’s Aqeel Glass was selected Offensive Player of the Year while Florida A&M’s Isaiah Land was tabbed Defensive Player of the Year. Jackson State’s James Houston was named Newcomer of the Year. Jackson State’s Shedeur Sander was selected for Freshman of the Year accolades while JSU’s Deion Sanders was tabbed Coach of the Year to round out the list of individual award winners.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hol up, it wasn't Dooley??!!!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Look at all those A&M schools down that list lol. It's turned into farmer central in the SWAC, if SU would stop being so sa-diddy and return to its A&M roots smh.

Averett @ BCU was an INSTANT lock. He is TRULY gifted.

Congrats!!! That first and second team talented, it’s some people that has been first team in the past that is nowhere to be found! This is a new SWAC!

Wasn't JSU picked to finish 3rd in the east? Some people were saying 7-4 , 6-5....
Who picked them to finish that low? All I saw were predictions for y’all to win the east

Didn't they claim they've "Been Doing This" when we were getting our so called SEC xfers who were supposedly sorry with no stats 🤣😂. Getting punched in the mouth truly changes things lol
You must be talking about Alcorn & SU

Look at all those A&M schools down that list lol. It's turned into farmer central in the SWAC, if SU would stop being so sa-diddy and return to its A&M roots smh.

While you’re playing this is a real convo that needs to be had. Gentrification is pushing a lot of our people out the city. Getting back to our rural roots wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Who picked them to finish that low? All I saw were predictions for y’all to win the east

While you’re playing this is a real convo that needs to be had. Gentrification is pushing a lot of our people out the city. Getting back to our rural roots wouldn’t be a bad thing.

The conference predicted order of finish had aamu winning the east and famu being the runner up.
In less than a year coach Prime took a 4-8 team to a 3-3 spring finish and 10-1 (soon to be 12-1) fall finish.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Johnson from Valley should have been 1st team and Fernandez should have made Special Teams but I can't complain too much. We've got our customary 3 players a year for the 3rd year in a row

And Glass was the right selection as far as best QB in the conference

Na man, we were picked to finish 3rd and most of thought we would be around 7-4 or 8-3 also or atleast I did.

Sanders did a wonderful job. Actually he made everyone else step up. I told y'all in August that Valley was coming for your throats. They are hungry. Wait until 2022. They gonna bring it.

Averett @ BCU was an INSTANT lock. He is TRULY gifted.
Well, before this "Cat" got out of the bag, I made a statement before the season started. I said we had a potential POY if "used correctly". This was the kid I was talking about. I expect to see him somewhere on Sunday. If not drafted, defiantly a sought after FA.

Johnson from Valley should have been 1st team and Fernandez should have made Special Teams but I can't complain too much. We've got our customary 3 players a year for the 3rd year in a row

And Glass was the right selection as far as best QB in the conference

According to a certain coach in Mississippi, their Qb should have been 1st team.

According to a certain coach in Mississippi, their Qb should have been 1st team.

He's entitled to feel that way especially when his qb played a tougher conference schedule and won going undefeated in the Swac. Glass folded against any team that had a decent defense. Based solely on passing yards Glass is a clear number 1

Back