Trash Journalism: Kyrie Irving and Dave Chappelle are being used as Black ‘pawns’ on a white chessboard

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Now, feel how you may about either person and their recent stances but to call them pawns is bullshit. There are these thoughts out there that black men need to be monolithic but I am not sure where that comes from. Agree with them or disagree with them, both of these brothers have always shown the willingness to be pretty independent in their thoughts and stances, even if you feel its wrong.

I think the author is saying Kyrie and Dave statements/stances are fueling those in conservative and far-right circles who never really supported their "independent" thoughts on anything else they've stood for previously, particularly when it related to Black causes.

All of a sudden you got the biggest racists and bigots standing up for Kyrie and Dave now they're outspoken about issues that can be used to push their culture war agenda when those same people were either silent or opposed to their thoughts on racism and the like.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think the author is saying Kyrie and Dave statements/stances are fueling those in conservative and far-right circles who never really supported their "independent" thoughts on anything else they've stood for previously, particularly when it related to Black causes.

All of a sudden you got the biggest racists and bigots standing up for Kyrie and Dave now they're outspoken about issues that can be used to push their culture war agenda when those same people were either silent or opposed to their thoughts on racism and the like.
You ever heard the phrase, no permanent friends, no permanent enemies. Just because two people agree on one issue, doesn't mean they are now working together. I guarantee you those same folks disagree with pretty much everything else Dave is saying.

You ever heard the phrase, no permanent friends, no permanent enemies. Just because two people agree on one issue, doesn't mean they are now working together. I guarantee you those same folks disagree with pretty much everything else Dave is saying.

I'm so glad both of you brought up those points. One thing that Black people need to stop doing is labeling each other. Black People are some of the most conservative people in America. Yet, the party of choice should be the Democrats. As I tell people "the black American has no political party we are independent and should demand people to earn our vote."

If you scream that out independents like my wife and I are seen as uppity or wanting to be white. When in reality we vote on the basis of what will benefit us.

More to the topic of Kyrie and Chappelle I would say that their beliefs may be similar to some of the most bigoted conservatives....it does not mean they are bigots. For example I believe in a flat tax. For every $1 you make you bring home $.75 cents. 10 cents goes to the state and 15 cents goes to the feds. Now who does that sound like? No more deductions forms to fill out etc....and the IRS will have a lower case load.

Follow me?

I'm so glad both of you brought up those points. One thing that Black people need to stop doing is labeling each other. Black People are some of the most conservative people in America. Yet, the party of choice should be the Democrats. As I tell people "the black American has no political party we are independent and should demand people to earn our vote."

If you scream that out independents like my wife and I are seen as uppity or wanting to be white. When in reality we vote on the basis of what will benefit us.

More to the topic of Kyrie and Chappelle I would say that their beliefs may be similar to some of the most bigoted conservatives....it does not mean they are bigots. For example I believe in a flat tax. For every $1 you make you bring home $.75 cents. 10 cents goes to the state and 15 cents goes to the feds. Now who does that sound like? No more deductions forms to fill out etc....and the IRS will have a lower case load.

Follow me?
Kyrie and Dave ain't making headlines talking about tax rates, bruh. lol

The author would have a point if Dave and Kyrie were choosing to be useful idiots actively collaborating with those that would in most cases be considered their polar opposite, but that's not what happened or is happening. Instead, what has happened is two individuals have taken personal stances that just so happen to be coincidentally aligned with a cult of Trump and right-wing fanatics. I don't know what the author is so dismayed about. It should come as no surprise to him or anyone that maga-types would appropriate the celebrity and the stances of these two to further their agenda. If nothing else is enough proof they are void of limits and will literally do anything to further their agenda 6 January 2021 certainly should be.

That's basically the author's argument in a nutshell. The agreement is convenient to serve their agenda.
Yes, but agreeing on one topic does not make someone a pawn, if you overall fundamentally disagree with that person. That just means your interests align on one topic.

Yes, but agreeing on one topic does not make someone a pawn, if you overall fundamentally disagree with that person. That just means your interests align on one topic.

I think the point is both are being used by certain groups to further agendas-that neither were trying to link themselves to.

In Dave's case it's folks using his NAME to get attention. While pretty much ignoring OTHERS who are really going after them.
Texas passed another bill towards LGBTQA+-where are the folks wanting Dave's head at on that?
Last time I checked Netflix gets shows from countries that have strong rules & laws towards LGBTQA+. Where are the protest for them?

Why go after this ONE BLACK MAN?

I think the point is both are being used by certain groups to further agendas-that neither were trying to link themselves to.
Except Kyrie did say he was wanting to be "a voice for the voiceless" for those who opposed vaccine mandates, though they've been consistently the loudest voices in all of this.

There's a saying my Dad used to tell me that went, "Evil aint got no floor and Love aint got no ceiling!" Basically, he was saying where do you draw your line based on how wicked you are going to be and how far you are willing to love! At what point do you stop being so evil and wicked and draw the line and at what point do you draw the line based on your love!

It seems that Dave and Kyrie finally drew their proverbial line in the sand based on issues that affected them personally! Kudos to them for taking a stand on issues that have and continue to affect our world tremendously!

Back