SWAC basketball scheduling question

DAHILL

I just looked at AAMU's schedule and dont understand how scheduling is done with the addition of the Florida schools. For example we only play Alcorn and Jackson State once.... and the Texas Schools once. Are we doing to divisions in basketball?

looks like an unbalanced schedule with an eye toward limiting road trips. I looked at bama state's schedule & I imagine it's similar to you guys. got both the tx schools at home this year w/ return trip next season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
No divisions but you get one set one time at home and another set one time away. Not sure of the rotation. Its probably a two year rotating schedule. So if you go to JSU and Alcorn this year, we will come to yall next year. And if TxSo and PV come to yall this year, you prob go to them next year. Everyone else is home and home and the rotation will start over to 2 new Home-away sets.

No divisions but you get one set one time at home and another set one time away. Not sure of the rotation. Its probably a two year rotating schedule. So if you go to JSU and Alcorn this year, we will come to yall next year. And if TxSo and PV come to yall this year, you prob go to them next year. Everyone else is home and home and the rotation will start over to 2 new Home-away sets.
seems as if JSU would automatically be a home and home every year for AAMU and ASU though. Thats what threw me off.

I'll need to check and see what everyone is doing to figure this schedule rotation since they (Swac) haven't posted a master schedule. I did one for football but this one should be much easier to do since every team plays each other.

I'll need to check and see what everyone is doing to figure this schedule rotation since they (Swac) haven't posted a master schedule. I did one for football but this one should be much easier to do since every team plays each other.

Where is the football one?

Also, Im happy you FINALLY got your 8 game conference schedule! LOL

Where is the football one?

Also, Im happy you FINALLY got your 8 game conference schedule! LOL

Yep, it works out just perfect. You get your 5 divisional opponents and 3 from the opposite division and just rotate every 2 years with each school getting a home and home.

Here's the football one for 2021
You can flip the teams for home for next year (exception will be for Alcorn as they lost their home games this year for MVSU & SU)

1634147560659.png

Last edited:
Back