FBS Conference Member Changes

Southern Miss could eat in the Sun Belt with the right coach

JMU finally gets its FBS wish. The AGS people are gonna cry later lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Beginning of the end of Conference USA? If so, maybe there’s room for the SWAC to squeeze in. 🤔

I think we could use all of the attention that's been going on with the black community, within the last year or so, to demand a conference spot in the FBS.

To that note, why didn't ask for an HBCU Conference during the initial split (1A & 1AA)?

If you get the spot, what you gonna do about the necessary doubling of your athletic budget? That's likely the real reason hardly anyone will try. And that's just for the lower level of fbs, like Sunbelt/CUSA.

If you get the spot, what you gonna do about the necessary doubling of your athletic budget? That's likely the real reason hardly anyone will try. And that's just for the lower level of fbs, like Sunbelt/CUSA.

Just starting with the money for 22 extra scholarships for football alone ...

Triple in our case with an AD that most cant stand and can't raise money. No major Ws on her belt in almost 10 years

To be a bare minimum FBS school now, just look at what ULM has ($15 mil at last check). Some schools are already there (PV and ASU) while others are close (SU, AAMU, BCU) or in the area (TxSU, FAMU).

As someone said, the big hurdle will be the 22 extra schollies for football, maxing out the other sports and adding 2-3 more sports

I think we could use all of the attention that's been going on with the black community, within the last year or so, to demand a conference spot in the FBS.

To that note, why didn't ask for an HBCU Conference during the initial split (1A & 1AA)?
I've asked that question a million times..........we just weren't astute and didn't comprehend the magnitude of the moment. But - why can't we propose that HBCU conference now in FCS without criteria, penalty or restrictions.........

The boat sailed in the 90s and the explosion of cable TV

And if the conference isn't careful, we're gonna miss out of streaming as well

I'll keep repeating that the SWAC needs to follow the OVC model and build up our own streaming network from the ground up and make every game available on Youtube/Roku. Shouldn't have schools on 5-6 different streaming outlets (free and paid).

And if the conference isn't careful, we're gonna miss out of streaming as well

I'll keep repeating that the SWAC needs to follow the OVC model and build up our own streaming network from the ground up and make every game available on Youtube/Roku. Shouldn't have schools on 5-6 different streaming outlets (free and paid).

I think they've shown their hand by getting in bed with ESPN and getting all these games on ESPN+ instead of another model that could possibly make more money for them by doing it themselves.

Chris Vannini @ChrisVannini

SOURCE: James Madison will join the Sun Belt in all sports for 2022, including football, @TheAthletic has learned. JMU and the SBC have called a presser for tomorrow. JMU won’t be eligible for the SBC championship or a bowl game, but the Dukes will be an FBS team.

Back