Chicago Mom Allegedly Shot 12-Year-Old Son Dead in Rage Over Missing Memory Card

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Mental Health is seriously needed in our communities. It's time to stop running to the pastor, and start seeking professional help.
The truth is most people with problems and do stuff like this don't even attend church. In fact most black people don't talk to anyone about their problems. Black people are taught to keep it to yourself. We are taught Don't be like white people and tell all your business. Ninety percent of black people who go to church have never had a conversation with the pastor. Especially about personal issues unless they know him or have a relationship with his family. Stop the lies. Y'all blame the church for everything. This is not 1960 with small backwoods church.

The truth is most people with problems and do stuff like this don't even attend church. In fact most black people don't talk to anyone about their problems. Black people are taught to keep it to yourself. We are taught Don't be like white people and tell all your business. Ninety percent of black people who go to church have never had a conversation with the pastor. Especially about personal issues unless they know him or have a relationship with his family

Which person in our community have a lot of power?

Where do politicians usually go to get elected?

The pastor and his church! Hell, Eddie Long ass should've been under the jail. But, he never brought up on any charges.

I swear, I have sat back and watch these women tell everything to their pastor. Eventually down the road , that same man of God will use it against them for his own sick gain.

Which person in our community have a lot of power?

Where do politicians usually go to get elected?

The pastor and his church! Hell, Eddie Long ass should've been under the jail. But, he never brought up on any charges.

I swear, I have sat back and watch these women tell everything to their pastor. Eventually down the road , that same man of God will use it against them for his own sick gain.
Stop the lies. Because you have a problem with folks who believe in God. I guarantee you that we can start a poll on this page with folks who go to church and I am willing to bet the house that out of 100 people less than 5-10 folks hold a conversation with the pastor. Let alone talk about their problems. Pastors had power like that during the civil rights movement and Jim Crow era because church was the only place black people were allowed to go. Especially in the deep south. In fact most of those churches were family run churches. Those days passed decades ago. At some point you will have to fight your own demons with God. Just saying

Stop the lies. Because you have a problem with folks who believe in God. I guarantee you that we can start a poll on this page with folks who go to church and I am willing to bet the house that out of 100 people less than 5-10 folks hold a conversation with the pastor. Let alone talk about their problems. Pastors had power like that during the civil rights movement and Jim Crow era because church was the only place black people were allowed to go. Especially in the deep south. In fact most of those churches were family run churches. Those days passed decades ago. At some point you will have to fight your own demons with God. Just saying

I don't have a problem with God. I have a problem with religion messing black people heads up.

Hell, we have been Christians and voting Democratic for how long???? But, where have it gotten us?

I don't have a problem with God. I have a problem with religion messing black people heads up.

Hell, we have been Christians and voting Democratic for how long???? But, where have it gotten us?
Oh I get it now. So tell me what has Mitch McConnell done for black people in his 30 years of office? While you at it tell me what has the Republican party done for blacks in the state of Alabama since reconstruction?

The truth is most people with problems and do stuff like this don't even attend church. In fact most black people don't talk to anyone about their problems. Black people are taught to keep it to yourself. We are taught Don't be like white people and tell all your business. Ninety percent of black people who go to church have never had a conversation with the pastor. Especially about personal issues unless they know him or have a relationship with his family. Stop the lies. Y'all blame the church for everything. This is not 1960 with small backwoods church.

Got to disagree with you. Most counselors will straight up tell you the main reason black folks are so anti counseling is because of religion. And they're not wrong because growing up in a super religious family, you wouldn't consider twice going to a counselor. You pray and that's that.. or at most go get "counseling" at the church. Been there, done that.

Oh I get it now. So tell me what has Mitch McConnell done for black people in his 30 years of office? While you at it tell me what has the Republican party done for blacks in the state of Alabama since reconstruction?
This is a shit argument to be honest. It's like when someone points out your flaw and instead of addressing the flaw you point out one of theirs. Religion is 100% working against black folks in the US. And I know you're smart enough to know it so ill just leave it at that. Again, I don't get why black folks will denounce everything about them folks EXCEPT their Jesus. Does it make you feel like you have nothing to live for? Nothing to believe in? I mean what is it? What other institute takes 10% of folks income and gives them nothing in return for it but the "hope" of salvation? AND tax free at that. MLK would basically be the rep for Christianity and Malcolm would be against it. Can't negate what either did, but I damn sure can't help but wonder how much different things would be if the solution wasn't to be nice and assimilate.

BTW, have you seen your old hood lately? Looking real Buckhead like these days aint it? Running all the negroes outta there so they can build their luxury condos.. on Bankhead. Who'd have thunk it? Ironically, prior to this huge gentrification swing, the nicest building over there was a CHURCH...where most of the houses right around it are now boarded up to be torn down. That church survived though lol..and thriving.

I knew this would be hard to read but curiosity as to the details of what happened would not leave me alone.

@Mrwiregrass I understand your sentiments and what you are trying say. As deeply involved in church as I've been, religion (not spirituality) is an MF when used the wrong way. However, when used productively, it can help. So I agree with @CEE DOG or at least in this case, religion has nothing to blame for this. That woman was so far gone mentally to do something like this to her own child.

Mental health to me is the issue at hand and with this present pandemic among so many other things, I'm sure there are so many more stories like these we still don't know about. My heart goes out heavily to that kid and that pain he felt... #sheesh man

I don't even vote for the GOP either. But, we really need to start holding our politicians accountable, and stop letting them game us.

We don't owe Democratic party a damn thing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Actually you are both right.

Cee is NOT lying about the south. When it is election time-you can't KEEP Democrats out of a black church. Even the ones in trouble with the law have ZERO issue running to a black church no matter how much damage done to the black community.

We have blacks that won't say a WORD about the issues they have to any counselor. They have been discourage from talking to them. The only one some seem open to talking to are school counselors. Even that is a battle if you have the parent there with the kid. Kids don't have issues talking about stuff most of the time.

Yea thats definitely not the reason. Not enough black folks even have tried counseling for it to be that huge of a discouragement. I dont know about out west or up north, but in the south... black Christians will ostracize you for getting counseling outside of the church. The amount of influence isn't even close IMO. THAT, is the main reason you see democrats in the churches to begin with... because whoever the church says vote for, that's who those votes are going to. That's the whole argument in a nutshell. Folks will not make decisions outside of their religion.

To my atheist or none believers or what ever you call yourself, one thing I don't do is argue or try to prove God's word or try to make you believe in God. Your beliefs are your problem not mines. God doesn't need me to prove he is real. We all could point to folks who believe that got issues and we can point to folks who don't believe that got issues.

Back