The Olympics 2021

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That gotdamm 4x1 for the US.
angry new york GIF

@TSU/BAMA after watching the 4x100 at
Planet Fitness, I was about to come in here and create this thread but you beat me to it. My overall observations:

The performance of the the US teams are not surprising. The rest of the world has pretty much caught up in a sport where the best American performers typically participate in other sports. At the end of the day, I honestly want to see the best performer win.

I was impressed with the men’s and women’s 400m HH races. Those world record breaking times were unbelievable.

The 800 meter race was amusing. That was my event back in the day and I know very well how strategic it is. They ran 53 seconds at the split which is typically low for that level in 2021 so that 1:45 second winning time was disappointing for a group that was very capable of 1:42 or 1:41.

Now if, the US men does not medal in the 4 x 400, then I’m ready to call it like new member @BookerJones and say that US Track and Field is dead.

Now if, the US men does not medal in the 4 x 400, then I’m ready to call it like new member @BookerJones and say that US Track and Field is dead.
Again, I must respectfully disagree. Even if the US does not medal in the men's 4x4, track and field in this country is not dead. Far from it. We are just sucking this year. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
He needs to worry about the embarrassment he's coaching over there at uh
I am no fan of uh by no stretch of the imagination, but what embarrassment are you referring to? As far as I can see uh have a typical college team. They have a few people that are ok, and some that are just so-so. You know, a typical college team. The guys on these Olympics relay teams are professionals. And I think that was Carl's point.

But if anybody has a right to criticize a US relay team, then Carl Lewis is the one. You have to give him credit Fiyah, when he was running on our relays, we got the stick around the track and we won the f__k__g race.

I must respectfully disagree with you here. The performance of our track teams has been a total disappointment. :mad: A lot more was expected of this Olympic team especially after what we saw at the US Olympic trials.
This is a good conversation. I remember being in discussions as far back as the early 90s about this very moment. Some like myself have always believed that non-American track athletes would continue to take advantage of the resources made available in this country (schools, coaches, competition, training facilities, etc). In addition, many of us have felt that internationally, sports like Track, Soccer, and etc are taken way more seriously than it is in this country. Case in point, look at how NBC is broadcasting the events. The way I have been keeping up is through this link--> https://trackandfieldnews.com/major-results-links/ When results are posted, I look for the actual race on youtube, long before NBC replays it. I also remember around this same time a well known sprinter stated that it would be very hard for the US to stay on top of sprinting in the near future. I don't remember who it was (it could have been Carl himself) but when I get the time, I will see if I can find the article for you.

Last edited:
Back