Where did the standing around watching fights come from?

CEE DOG

I've always wondered where did the standing around watching fights mentality come from? I've never been one to want to watch folks fight and hurt each other. Even as a child I never understood that. For one thing the fight starts then on que some ignant fool always pulled out some type of weapon and folks watching got hurt or killed.

Excellent question. When I was in high school we believed in one on one, so we watched to make sure no one else got in it and then we had lookouts for the teachers and principal. We would split them up if an adult was coming, go to class like nothing happened, and then "jank" the loser.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
True but with the murder rate in the black community at what point does it stop? Is this where we blame white people?
I had a sense that your question was leading to that this behavior is pathological to black people.

Not surprising at all.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

One reason our community will never get to a level where it needs to be is that we except bull shyt from each other. If you don't except ignorance you are considered the enemy. For asking why do people like to see other people hurt makes me a enemy against black people then call me one. Any black people that enjoys seeing other black people hurt got serious self esteem issues.

I don't think you hate Black people. But you're question and responses were clearly anti-Black.
Oh ok. So if I stood around like those black men and let those young ladies fight which in turned ended up tragically I'd be more accepted as being black? Then I'd be black because I like seeing other black people hurt. I get it.

Excellent question. When I was in high school we believed in one on one, so we watched to make sure no one else got in it and then we had lookouts for the teachers and principal. We would split them up if an adult was coming, go to class like nothing happened, and then "jank" the loser.
Exactly. And made sure that no foreign objects came in to play. No one usually got seriously hurt. And usually, some time after the fight, it was all over. The fighters were probably speaking to each other. Now, if I see a crowd gathering, I head the other way, fast. Because people are pulling guns, and bullets have no names on them. And most of the people, have no idea on aiming at the target anyway.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I ain't gonna lie I have watched some good ole knocks outs. I guess it just bothers me those grown folks let that baby get gun down by that cop. That baby got gunned down like a animal. I understand some of the fault lies with her. It was just hard watching that video not seeing how somebody didn't stop that mess.

I've always wondered where did the standing around watching fights mentality come from? I've never been one to want to watch folks fight and hurt each other. Even as a child I never understood that. For one thing the fight starts then on que some ignant fool always pulled out some type of weapon and folks watching got hurt or killed.

All CEE did was addressed the elephant in the room. This bullshit needs to stop. Just my opinion folks.

Back