No more auto bid for the MEAC in the upcoming FCS playoffs this Spring

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
NORFOLK, Va., April 7, 2021 – The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) has informed the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) that it will not meet the criteria to maintain its automatic qualifier (AQ) because the three programs, Howard, Delaware State and South Carolina State, playing this spring will not play each other as required by the NCAA/FCS.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The conference championship won't be decided. Thus teams aren't gonna accept a playoff bid if they can still play in the Swac title game.
If UAPB wins their next game, they rep the West in the SCG. Southern and AAMU are in the running for an At-Large bid this year due to the schedule this spring.

If UAPB wins their next game, they rep the West in the SCG. Southern and AAMU are in the running for an At-Large bid this year due to the schedule this spring.

I just don't see the Southern thing , because the SWAC will still be involved in their regular season

Isn't AAMU going to be the East rep in the SCG

This whole situation has been embarrassing for the NCAA.

It was clear weeks ago that this was going to be the case and they refused to comment, leading to all sorts of crap from FCS media to fans particularly with projecting brackets, knowing available at-large spots and more.

It was clear weeks ago that this was going to be the case and they refused to comment, leading to all sorts of crap from FCS media to fans particularly with projecting brackets, knowing available at-large spots and more.
The MEAC shouldn’t have had a season when nearly all the teams opted out.

The MEAC shouldn’t have had a season when nearly all the teams opted out.

This is correct.

I also think that Howard and DSU could have been like SCSU and been more proactive willing to schedule SWAC schools to fill in holes when allowable (no reason why Howard shouldn't have played Valley and AAMU after 3/14 with our schools having long layoffs (the same also could have went for Valley)). Playing each other once and then having at least 3 OOC matchups allows them to keep their bid

No team would have been able to come into DC with quarantine for 10 days before the game in DC

If Howard leave the Del , MD , DC , VA area , they would have to quarantine for DC for 10 days before being allowed to practice again.

What should have happen was the Howard played SCSU at DSU. And that's only if the State would have let them in

Neither AAMU nor UAPB can qualify because we both will have our makeup games on the 24th. Southern could make it, because their last regular season game is the BC on the 17th, but it's still a long shot for an at-large bid.

"Selections for the FCS Playoff will be made on Sunday, April 18, 2021. First Round playoff action will begin on Saturday, April 24, followed by the Quarterfinals on Saturday, May 1 and the Semifinals on Saturday, May 8.

The NCAA Division I Football Championship will be played on Saturday, May 15 or Sunday, May 16, 2021 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas."

I just don't see the Southern thing , because the SWAC will still be involved in their regular season

Isn't AAMU going to be the East rep in the SCG
If we win our next 3 games then yes. If not it will come down to best record or tiebreaker a scenario.

Just like that bogus ranking that has all those schools with 3 or more losses (SIU, Missouri St, Northern Iowa) to be ranked. They will put those same schools in the playoffs just like they have done in previous years.

Those three loss teams won’t be in the field. Only so many at large spots (six) this year. Those MVFC teams get love because that conference as a whole is absolutely stacked and the aforementioned teams do have wins over top 10 programs.

The best part about the playoffs is everyone who wants access even the Pioneer League has it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just like that bogus ranking that has all those schools with 3 or more losses (SIU, Missouri St, Northern Iowa) to be ranked. They will put those same schools in the playoffs just like they have done in previous years.

They play in the toughest conference in FCS. Strength of schedule and Conference ranking also plays a part in playoff selection

They play in the toughest conference in FCS. Strength of schedule and Conference ranking also plays a part in playoff selection

Glad someone gets it. The Missouri Valley Conference is the FCS-equivalent of the SEC.

Just like we can justify a 7-5 or 8-4 SEC team in top 25 at the end of the year, same can be said of a MVFC team.

Glad someone gets it. The Missouri Valley Conference is the FCS-equivalent of the SEC.

Just like we can justify a 7-5 or 8-4 SEC team in top 25 at the end of the year, same can be said of a MVFC team.

F That, they always come up with that BS. If they have 3 or 4 losses in a 6-8 week season, they don't deserve to be ranked so high.

So explain a 4-5 Austin Peay being in the STATS FCS Poll before a UAPB or Southern? They play in the OVC, not the MWFC.

Remember you are talking to a known playoff bootlick and one that is happy about going to a PWI conference so that they can officially be a bootlick.

They were probably estatic when a ranked BCU with a win over a FBS school got screwed out of the playoffs a few years ago for a 6-5 WIU team that got blown out in the 1st round.

So explain a 4-5 Austin Peay being in the STATS FCS Poll before a UAPB or Southern? They play in the OVC, not the MWFC.

If you discount the fall (which I believe voters are doing), APSU is 4-2 with wins over the two teams leading the OVC (JaxSt & Murray St) that have been ranked throughout the spring.

The fall is a bit of an oddity for the FCS squads. Many of the FCS squads who played both fall and spring largely played FBS programs in the fall to collect their $$$

If you discount the fall (which I believe voters are doing), APSU is 4-2 with wins over the two teams leading the OVC (JaxSt & Murray St) that have been ranked throughout the spring.

The fall is a bit of an oddity for the FCS squads. Many of the FCS squads who played both fall and spring largely played FBS programs in the fall to collect their $$$
That argument doesn't hold water, because they went 0-3 in the fall against 1 FCS & 2 FBS teams. Those FBS losses weren't even competitive games, and those FCS wins aren't that impressive. You can't pick and choose what part of the schedule counts. This is pretty much the same team that they were in the fall.

20210410_123752.jpg

FCS Opponents
Central Arkansas (5-4)
Tennessee Tech (2-4)
Tennessee State (2-4)
SE Missouri State (3-4)
UT Martin (2-4)
Jacksonville State (8-2)
Murray State (5-1)

I'm sorry, Austin Peay would not be SWAC champs. That's basically what the STATS FCS poll says.

Last edited:
That argument doesn't hold water, because they went 0-3 in the fall against 1 FCS & 2 FBS teams. Those FBS losses weren't even competitive games, and those FCS wins aren't that impressive. You can't pick and choose what part of the schedule counts. This is pretty much the same team that they were in the fall.

View attachment 12250

FCS Opponents
Central Arkansas (5-4)
Tennessee Tech (2-4)
Tennessee State (2-4)
SE Missouri State (3-4)
UT Martin (2-4)
Jacksonville State (8-2)
Murray State (5-1)

I'm sorry, Austin Peay would not be SWAC champs. That's basically what the STATS FCS poll says.

Maybe if the SWAC beat out of conference teams on the regular, I would believe you

Thank u for answering logically

Remember you are talking to a known playoff bootlick and one that is happy about going to a PWI conference so that they can officially be a bootlick.

They were probably estatic when a ranked BCU with a win over a FBS school got screwed out of the playoffs a few years ago for a 6-5 WIU team that got blown out in the 1st round.

A what lol. No I'm happy to getting away from Dennis Thomas who is the worst commissioner in the FCS. Clearly that's been proven time and time again. Even with the MEAC FCS playoffs drama this spring.

A conference that has a plan and competent leadership. That's where A&T is headed

I like that my squad wants to see where it stands against top teams in FCS. How many more Celebration Bowls can we win lol

Last edited:
Back