Short bets - Hedge funds are getting hit hard

Olde Hornet

Its great watching the small guys stick it to hedgefunds. They joined together, to make a lot of money and screw the hedge funds, its usually the reverse.
:clap:

GameStop mania explained: How the Reddit retail trading crowd ran over Wall Street pros​

Wall Street has been watching GameStop in awe as a band of Reddit-obsessed retail investors managed to push the stock up 1,500% in two weeks, squeezing out short-selling hedge funds.

A wave of at-home traders found each other on the red-hot “wallstreetbets” Reddit chat room, whose members have ballooned to over three million. By motivating each other to keep piling into shares and call options, they coordinated a monstrous short squeeze in the brick-and-mortar video game retailer.

“Retail investors with the help of technology acting as a union in attacking is a new phenomenon,” said Jim Paulsen, chief investment strategist at the Leuthold Group.

“You combine the power of technology, which allows you through Reddit postings to magnify your individual impact, with some use of leverage and very targeted bets, they can have a significant influence, particularly on areas of vulnerability because of the short positions,” Paulsen said.

Last edited:
If you have money in those stocks that are being driven higher because of what I posted above, like GameStop, Bed Bath & Beyond, Carnival and more, make sure you sell before reality hits the market fan. Once the "shorts" are paid for, they stock will go back down.

BEARS MAKE MONEY, BULLS MAKE MONEY, PIGS GET SLAUGHTERED! You cant time the market.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Its great watching the small guys stick it to hedgefunds. They joined together, to make a lot of money and screw the hedge funds, its usually the reverse.

GameStop mania explained: How the Reddit retail trading crowd ran over Wall Street pros​

Wall Street has been watching GameStop in awe as a band of Reddit-obsessed retail investors managed to push the stock up 1,500% in two weeks, squeezing out short-selling hedge funds.

A wave of at-home traders found each other on the red-hot “wallstreetbets” Reddit chat room, whose members have ballooned to over three million. By motivating each other to keep piling into shares and call options, they coordinated a monstrous short squeeze in the brick-and-mortar video game retailer.

“Retail investors with the help of technology acting as a union in attacking is a new phenomenon,” said Jim Paulsen, chief investment strategist at the Leuthold Group.

“You combine the power of technology, which allows you through Reddit postings to magnify your individual impact, with some use of leverage and very targeted bets, they can have a significant influence, particularly on areas of vulnerability because of the short positions,” Paulsen said.

I love it! Now the Wall Street gang want to hollow foul. But what's good for the goose, is good for the gander!

Last edited:
The Robinhood app, got the youngsters killing the game and the hedge guys, my son at PV loves it. Tesla has been really good to him also, it has gone up 857% since last year, that's crazy

I just jumped on AMC and Nokia with tiny investments to see how this works (I will actually own a whole share of Nokia stock).

It has been glorious to watch (like Biden showing all the "at least he's not Trump" capers his true colors). Some bored people on Reddit have exposed the Wall Street facade and I just wanna get my share lol

I just jumped on AMC and Nokia with tiny investments to see how this works (I will actually own a whole share of Nokia stock).

It has been glorious to watch (like Biden showing all the "at least he's not Trump" capers his true colors). Some bored people on Reddit have exposed the Wall Street facade and I just wanna get my share lol
I'm not a fan of No president, but are you blaming Biden for Wall Street moves? How does a president have anything to do with that? Just curious.

That damn Robinhood has frozen buys and only allowing sells.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TD Ameritrade fff-ing with the buys also. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I am pissed off that the big brokerage firms colluded with the wealthy to stop trading. The wealthy dragged out people to scare americans about how bad this is for the market and it could crash the market. The wealthy were getting beat at their own game, now they are PISSED. I am happy and I hope the government does not protect them again.

I am pissed off that the big brokerage firms colluded with the wealthy to stop trading. The wealthy dragged out people to scare americans about how bad this is for the market and it could crash the market. The wealthy were getting beat at their own game, now they are PISSED. I am happy and I hope the government does not protect them again.
Salute!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What did robin hood do? So its OK for the wealthy to drive stocks down and make money, but the average joe is a criminal for driving stock prices up to make money?
:crazy:

Concise and well said! Brevity is the soul of wisdom. Robinhood's alias just became Hoodwink.

Last edited:
Diamond hands baby!. 3K and holding with GME. Got in to GME before the crazy buying frenzy sent them into double digits. Been a member of WSB for over 3 years. These guys know their stuff!

I use WeBull as a backup

I use Fidelity Active Trader Pro, TD Ameritrade and Robin Hood.

I use Robin Hood for everyday funds and misc bills. Active Trader Pro is for Long Term positions and Think or Swim is for the Investment Group we created of around 15 members.

Next stop: who knows.

Holding 20k shares of SNDL at .52. I hope this flies to the moon as well. Was well on its way until theyrestricted trading this morning.

They should be sued. They have engaged in fraud far as I'm concerned.

Robinhood hit with class action lawsuit

The Lord works fast but pissed off Average Joes work faster lol

We might be seeing a mini-revolution before our very eyes. This is what Occupy Wall Street thought they were

Next stop: who knows.

Holding 20k shares of SNDL at .52. I hope this flies to the moon as well. Was well on its way until theyrestricted trading this morning.

I feel your pain. I bought AMC earlier this month speculating they would rebound after the pandemic. I was set to sell at $25 as a result of yesterday's activity, but Robinhood pulled the rug right from under me and countless others.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I bought AMC earlier this month speculating they would rebound after the pandemic. I was set to sell at $25 as a result yesterday's activity, but Robinhood pulled the rug right from under me and countless others.
Sons of bitches! 😆 they'll get it back in the upcoming lawsuits and public blowback. I'm not exiting my GME stock until next week when Melvin Capital is forced to cover their short positions by Monday! They lied when they said they exited their positions. They've only covered about 20% of their original positon even with all of the manipulation!

Back